Catalog Marketing & Audio Asset Coordinator
We are UMPG, Universal Music Publishing Group, part of the Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We manage a rich, diverse, and deep catalog of the world’s greatest songs encompassing all music genres, from the 1920s to the 2020s. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Publishing Group is looking for a coordinator to join the Catalog Marketing & Strategy team.The team supports the sync pitching staff, develops and participates in strategic marketing initiatives, and has both a domestic and global outlook.
The role will be responsible for the tagging of recordings, which power the sync team’s pitching activities, the adding of audio assets to the sync library, as well as actively participating in catalog marketing initiatives.
As the UMPG catalog is large, deep, and varied, bringing an understanding of popular music history and context to the role is an advantage. Participation in the development of marketing initiatives and strategy will be encouraged.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Tag recordings in the UMPG SONGS sync library
- Upload and maintain audio assets in the sync library
- Assist in the development of catalog marketing ideas and initiatives
- Catalog marketing research projects
- Actively participate in team meetings, discussions, and planning activities
- Other duties as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
- Love and passion for music
- Broad music knowledge across genres is desired, a passion for Hip Hop and its history an advantage
- An understanding of music pop culture and its context is welcome
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both verbal and written
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow-through is essential
- Extremely organized with superior time management skills
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Self-starter who is marketing-minded, proactive, and task-oriented
- Research skills are essential
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Google Docs and MailChimp
- Basic website maintenance via CMS
- Experience in Sitecore, and Photoshop an additional asset
- Basic graphic design skills a plus
- Prefer 4-year college degree in marketing, music business, or equivalent work history
- 1-2+ years of relevant internship or full-time work experience, preferably in music and entertainment
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones)
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.