Director, Campaign Planning & Strategy, UMG eCommerce (Interscope Geffen A&M)
Interscope Geffen A&M Records (“IGA”) is home to some of the biggest artists in the world including Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, Lady Gaga, Billie Eilish, Selena Gomez, DaBaby, and many more. Since 1991, IGA’s artists have consistently redefined the sound of popular music across genres and continue to shape the landscape of culture at large. As a leader in the music industry, we are always looking for talented and driven individuals to join our family.
How we LEAD:
Merchandise and commerce are becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it’s a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it’s another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
Interscope is seeking an entrepreneurial and driven storyteller to join the UMG eCommerce team as a Director of Campaign Planning & Strategy. In this role, you will develop the creative strategy and narrative across IGA’s eCommerce campaigns, working in close partnership with Interscope’s creative teams. Candidates must be highly focused, with a proven track record of delivering innovative and disruptive campaigns that match the creativity and innovation of Interscope’s roster of groundbreaking artists.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Lead creative strategy and campaign planning to drive artist and Interscope eCommerce goals.
- Work collaboratively with label creative and other creative resources—artist team members, freelance designers, merchandise companies, etc.—to bring artist brand and campaign narratives to life across product, site experience, and marketing creative.
- Develop rich storytelling through multi-faceted, multi-channel campaigns that include content strategy, social, CRM, media buys, influencers, and broader campaigns.
- Manage projects with the label and eCommerce creative teams to develop and produce lifestyle and marketing content in support of campaign strategy, product, and site experience.
- Work with the insights and advanced analytics teams to leverage historic and audience data to inform campaign, creative, and merchandising strategy.
- Develop seasonal brand calendars to guide store planning.
- Communicate directly with the label and artist teams (where applicable) alongside cross-functional team members to sell through campaign and creative strategies + plans.
- Act as campaign lead across Interscope product launches and accompanying activations, developing a strategic, well-communicated plan for fan messaging throughout the customer journey.
- Work hand in hand with teammates across artist engagement, marketing & customer engagement, store management, operations & customer service to collectively deliver a great customer experience to our fans and Interscope’s artists.
Bring your VIBE:
- 5-7+ years’ experience managing creative and/or eCommerce campaigns from ideation to execution, preferably in music or fashion/retail.
- Deep understanding of brand differentiation across artists and music genres, particularly within the Interscope roster.
- Established track record of effectively communicating and selling through strategies and campaign plans.
- Solid understanding of consumer behavior and digital marketing trends across social media, CRM, and media buying.
- Deep understanding of eCommerce, specifically trends and best practices as they apply to the fan to artist relationship.
- Exceptional verbal and written abilities — communication skills are essential (both internally and externally).
- Self-starter attitude capable of owning important responsibilities and seeing them through to completion with little oversight.
- Strong critical thinking skills and an ability to make informed decisions based on data.
- Strong passion for the music industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly PowerPoint) and Mac OS.
- Photoshop and InDesign experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in music business, fashion/retail, marketing, creative, or a related field.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer