Creative & Marketing Manager (Kuala Lumpur)
With music, we have the powerful ability to connect brands, fans and culture to deliver hugely impactful marketing campaigns.
We have an exciting opportunity available for someone to join Universal Music Malaysia as Creative & Marketing Manager. In this creative sales environment, you will seek client relationships with brands and agencies to drive revenue through a variety of initiatives for our artists, influencers and other talent. The projects you will be involved in may include anything from digital media and branded content to events, strategic partnerships and sponsorship opportunities.
About the role:
- Conceptualise and execute marketing campaigns to promote our talent, artists, influencers across traditional and non-traditional channels.
- Work closely with the New Business team in pitching and responding to briefs with innovative ideas and impactful commercial opportunities.
- Collaborate with the wider team on new ideas, product developments and services for brands and clients.
- Support artists and talents success by seeking, facilitating and responding to potential partnership/sponsorship opportunities.
- Develop excellent relationships with clients, internal stakeholders, external vendors, artist management, and all involved parties.
- Plan and organise the yearly networking event for UM Malaysia, our brands, agencies and other relevant contacts.
- 5+ years’ experience working in a client-facing and/or sales role, ideally within a Creative or Media Agency. Experience in talent management preferable.
- Highly passionate about music and follows the music industry, our artists and our labels.
- Existing network of key brand and agency contacts.
- Excellent communication skills, extensive experience in client presenting / pitching and negotiation skills.
- Entrepreneurial, creative and innovative. Ability to understand the bigger picture, internal and external context to create out of the box opportunities.
- Good financial understanding including budget management.
Interested? Please hit APPLY NOW!
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
UMG's catalog is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). UMG also includes Universal Music Publishing Group, one of the industry's premier music publishing operations worldwide and Bravado, the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Universal Music Group is a Vivendi company.