We are looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant to provide support for the Senior Vice President, Global Marketing, located in Santa Monica, CA. The ideal candidate will come from Music or Entertainment and have previous experience supporting an SVP, EVP, President, or other high-level executive. Must be very efficient and highly detail-oriented; multi-tasking and working on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment is crucial. No task is too small and no challenge too great. A “can-do” attitude and passion for the music industry are essential. The ideal candidate will have strengths in managing international meetings and events as well as developing and creating presentations.
- Arrange meetings and conference calls via telephone and email
- Cover phone lines and manage/update calendars
- Coordinate and prioritize incoming verbal and email requests
- Book travel, accommodations, & car services
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of artist roster, employees, and important external contacts
- Work closely with other executive assistants and occasionally cover their phone lines
Manage the offices
- Exercise discretion when patching calls, rolling calls, and interrupting meetings
- Proactively prepare executive for meetings and select personal needs
- Greet meeting participants & arrange tours
- Order and set-up food service for meetings
- Serve as a gatekeeper to ensure that SVPs calendar is focused on the most critical priorities of the day
- Promptly address any IT issues
Handle administrative duties
- Process travel & entertainment expenses
- Create and send grammatically/punctually correct internal/external company communication
- Archive and organize emails by topic and keep apprised of ongoing deals
- Create and maintain presentations and other projects as assigned
- Track vacation for salaried employees
- Order office supplies, make restaurant reservations, and approve expenses
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of our company at all levels including Senior Management
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of companies we do business with
- Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Ability to be assertive when appropriate to deliver results
- Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and able to multi-task
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong proficiency in and working knowledge of Outlook and other Microsoft Office Products
- Particular focus in creating effective sales and informational presentations
- Minimum 3 years of experience supporting an SVP, EVP, President, or other high-level executive with discretion and confidentiality.
- Prior experience in event management including travel, logistics and venue management
- Music or entertainment experience is highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.