Are you a Public Practice Accountant looking for your first industry move? Are you ready to make an impact and delve deep into the success of a business you feel passionate about?
We are currently looking for a Financial / Management Accountant to join our Finance team based in Sydney. This role will see you primarily responsible for financial and management reporting across UMA’s domestic divisions.
- Responsible for financial reporting, including; monthly accounts, internal reporting, month end journals and reconciliations.
- Prepare internal management financial packs and meeting decks.
- Assist internal and external audit process.
- Assist preparation of annual budget and quarterly forecast.
- Accounting and reporting responsibilities for joint venture companies, distribution deals and other labels as required.
- Assist in training/mentoring of new staff.
- Seek out opportunities for reporting efficiencies and take on other projects/tasks as directed from time to time.
- 5-7 years of Accounting experience. Public practice background favourable.
- Degree qualified in Accounting and CA/CPA qualified.
- Strong knowledge in general management, accounting and reporting. Previous experience in budgeting, forecasting and cash flow management.
- Excellent problem solver with an eye for detail.
- Strong communicator with the ability to build relationships internally and externally.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel. ERP system experience, SAP and/or JD Edwards would be advantageous.
If the above sounds like you please submit your application today. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world’s leading music and entertainment organisation, incorporating recorded music, music publishing and artist merchandise activities. The Group discovers, develops, markets and distributes recorded music through a network of subsidiaries, joint ventures and licensees in 77 countries worldwide.
The Group’s strength and legacy of music flows from a diverse family of music labels with rosters comprising some of the world’s most influential and legendary music artists; Taylor Swift, Drake, Boy & Bear, Troye Sivan, Dean Lewis, Rolling Stones, Vera Blue, The Preatures, Florence + The Machine, DJ Snake and Tame Impala – just to name a few!