Administrator, Label Group
Under The Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our staff, our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated individual to provide support across the label group with a specialized focus in the A&R department. Key functions include but are not limited to: provide administrative and operational support to the A&R team; book travel, file and manage expense reports, and provide organizational support as required; foster accessible and responsive cross-departmental communication; facilitate communication externally with artists, managers, writers and personnel related to production; provide support in showcases, events, and projects as needed.
The ideal candidate is highly detailed, pro-active, has a knack for problem solving, proven people skills, and a “can do” attitude. Professional demeanor, diplomacy, and the ability to work well under pressure are musts.
- Assist team in scheduling group meetings with artists, producers, managers, writers, etc.
- Prepare and maintain expense reports for A&R team
- Regular meeting prep and coordination including meeting of guests, food ordering, setting up meeting rooms and presentations, document prep and organization as directed
- Coordinate travel and necessary approvals for artists and A&R team
- Coordinate and assist in showcases, events and special projects as required
- Submit label nominations for Grammy and GMA Dove Awards
- Maintain a practical and technical working knowledge of the Capitol CMG Label Group release schedule and assist team in meeting key production deadlines
- Distribute approved music for external and internal use as needed
- Order office supplies as needed
- Gather and compile data for regular reports for upper management team and A&R team
- Create an environment of trust and reliability with staff members, artists and other outside individuals so they feel their requests/needs are being addressed in an efficient manner
- Be available and proactive in assisting artist and staff business needs
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively within a fast paced environment.
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with external partners and employees of the company at all levels.
- Proven people skills.
- Ability to carry out tasks with limited supervision.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to adapt in an environment where change is constant .
Education & Experience:
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in administrative role or comparable experience
- College degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.