We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
The Verve Label Group is home to the most acclaimed artists in Jazz and Classical music, while also strongly focused on championing emerging talent across these and many other genres.
We are currently seeking an eager and exceptional Coordinator to fortify VLG’s Finance Department. This position will provide key support to the Finance team by ensuring that required business unit payments are handled with accuracy and in a timely fashion. Additionally, this role will assist in pulling data and relevant information needed for financial analysis and reporting and will support the team on various projects as the need arises.
- General administration duties as needed including:
- Vendor Setup and Maintenance
- Support for invoicing customers
- Support for paying vendors
- Processing of invoices through Uniport
- Day to day interaction with users across all UMG business units in the US
- Other one-off projects that come up primarily in the Finance and Accounting areas
- Must be able to keep information confidential
- Strong written, verbal communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to work within a diverse environment and develop working relationships across the departments and at all levels
- Ability to work effectively under high pressure and demanding situations
- Detail-oriented and extremely accurate data entry skills
- Excellent communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- Demonstrated success with systems/data management
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with conflicting priorities
- Initiative and self-motivation, requiring minimal supervision
- Team Player - Demonstrates ability to operate in a cross-functional team
- Excellent Excel skills, MS Word, Outlook and Internet
- Some SAP and previous experience with Accounts Payable is a plus.
- 1-2 years in a fast paced and detail-oriented environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is a plus
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.