eCommerce Product Manager
Job title: eCommerce Product Manager
Reporting to: Director of e-Commerce
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side : A Day in the Life
UMC is the label responsible for Universal Music Group’s world class catalogue of recordings. Our purpose is to drive the continued cultural impact of our songs and artists.
Steeped in music culture and with a deep respect for artistry, our dynamic label is as exciting and creative as our artists – with teams working across audience development; creative; commercial; marketing; a&r and more.
With any recording over three years falling within our remit, our repertoire covers a vast variety of artists – from iconic like The Beatles, Bob Marley, Amy Winehouse, to the catalogues of current stars like The 1975, Jamie T and Lana Del Rey; plus the soundtracks of Disney.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Deliver effective e-commerce product (music and merchandise) strategies across a wide range of frontline and catalogue artists with a focus on product sets such as vinyl and merchandise
- Develop & deliver D2C product calendars for artists across the labels roster that deliver incremental revenue and deliver the best possible customer experience to our fans at all times
- Manage the labels eCommerce always on music and merchandise strategy ensuring artist stores remain active outside of the traditional album pre-order and release cycle
- Work with the artists, label a&r, creative teams, the central design and print team and 3rd party merchandisers to develop artist merch ranges
- Where required, explore and close eComm merch artist deals directly with the artists, looking for opportunities with every artist from developing to established
- Work with the central eCommerce team to launch product drops and store builds in line with eComm best practice
- Work closely Label Marketing and CRM to optimise marketing across all campaigns ensuring products are appropriately marketed and are part of wider artists campaigns
- Work with the central e-CRM team, demand marketing & media buying teams to ensure that e-Commerce initiatives are integrated into all central marketing/CRM and paid media activities
- Track ROI and campaign effectiveness. Report sales trends and store activity, identifying pitfalls and sharing learnings for future campaigns
- Proven experience in eCommerce specifically in music product development / merchandising ideally in music / entertainment / fashion
- A demonstrable ability of brand management specifically developing always on or evergreen and merchandise ranges
- A passion for music and fashion and as it relates to merchandise. The successful candidate will have a demonstrable creative mindset to create engaging products for our artist stores
- Strong understanding of core eCommerce best practice focused on achieving an amazing fan experience
- A Commercial & analytical approach to business, adept at working and achieving store revenue targets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to liaise with third parties, initiate and fulfil initiatives in a proactive manner
- A solid understanding of performance marketing and using a marketing channel mix to drive e-Comm sales
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and or other major analytics platforms to track performance
- Experience of label / merchandise brand management.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know...
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.