Content Protection Representative
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group has an exciting new opportunity to work with the best and brightest, at the world’s largest recording company.
Our Content Protection department seeks a Content Protection Representative to assist in the protection and enforcement of UMG’s copyright interests, globally. The Content Protection department provides support to Universal label groups and business units worldwide, across all time zones. This is an exciting and fast-paced working environment, that demands a keen eye for detail and a passion for recorded music.
As a Content Protection Representative, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse array of projects related to the management of audio and video content, as well as many other areas of our digital and physical workstreams.
How you'll CREATE:
- Assist in the protection of UMG’s copyright (audio, merchandise, and publishing) across the web
- Monitor social and streaming media platforms for unlawful exploitation of our copyright
- Conduct thorough analysis of suspected infringements
- Coordinate noticing and removal of unlawful exploitation of UMG’s copyright
- Partake in various research projects and present findings to the relevant stakeholders
- Stay abreast of digital trends related to the recording industry
Bring your VIBE:
- 0-1+ years' work experience in either Music, Entertainment, or related fields
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent professional qualification
- Highly organized with a demonstrated attention to detail
- Self-starter with an ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of the internet, especially social and streaming platforms, as well as mobile apps
- Strong organizational skills including follow-through and execution
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal & written
- Passion for music and digital music platforms
- Fluency in a second language a plus (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese etc.)
- Familiarity with anti-piracy, copyright, or trademarks preferred
- Excellent presentation skills (e.g., PowerPoint) along with a willingness to speak publicly
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Wellness Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated, and boosted, against COVID-19 before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.