Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
The Project Manager is responsible for leading, coordinating, and supporting Information Technology (IT) projects and programs in adherence to the global IT Project Management Office (PMO) methodologies. He/she drives the successful delivery of medium to large global cross-functional initiatives.
He/she must manage project teams using project management expertise, tools and processes. The Project Manager must provide service, support, and oversee their projects. This role must effectively interface with all areas within IT teams as well as various business departments globally. This role must be flexible and capable of independently supporting a variety of projects, including Financial, Supply Chain or other projects.
The Project Manager analyzes project status, health and deliverables to ensure compliance to the PMO processes and procedures while capturing and evaluating feedback to implement improvements. He/she must be an exceptional team player and mentor to ensure staff/teams work effectively to achieve project goals.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Impartial leader ensuring projects are effectively managed and accurate status is reported/tracked.
- Govern project/program deliverables, performance and communicate impediments.
- Ensure documentation prepared including schedules, plans, RACI/RAID logs, and lessons learned.
- Regularly communicate project status and govern changes including new deliverables.
- Facilitate meetings and working sessions for improved transparency and issue resolution.
- Ensure effective project upkeep and change management throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage project scope, schedule, quality, resources, risks, issues, budgets and dependencies.
- Ensure proper cross-functional coordination and prioritization of tasks/actions.
- Work closely with and motivate teams to meet project deliverables.
- Foster a healthy, ongoing relationship with IT clients in the business.
- Work with clients to identify IT needs and define potential IT solutions.
- Initiate IT projects that meet needs identified in collaboration with clients.
- Help align IT with client priorities and initiatives.
- Manage project team members on small-large projects and programs.
- Follow a standardized PMO methodologies, cadence, policies and procedures.
A strong background in all aspects of managing application projects, including SAP, Physical Supply Chain or other initiatives. The individual must be able to work in a multicultural, matrixed team environment that is dynamically changing. In addition, the following is expected of a Project Manager.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management methodologies and best practices.
- Exceptional organizational, project and people management skills.
- Service focused and promotes cross-functional collaboration and synergies.
- Strong leadership, team building, collaboration, relationship and conflict management.
- Strong customer relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and visual presentation skills; tailor communication to diverse audiences.
- Knowledge of Daptiv, JIRA, Confluence, MS-Project, or similar PPM tools.
- Excellent knowledge project management frameworks; Agile, Scrum, or Kanban knowledge a plus.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of management, subordinates, peers, and clients.
- Experience in project management or IT lead position.
- Extensive project management experience, using SDLC, Waterfall, and/or Agile methods.
- Demonstrated success managing large cross functional projects and/programs.
- Entertainment experience a plus.
- Experience as a Scrum Master a plus.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.