Senior Data Analyst
Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) is the leading global music publisher with more than 57 offices in 47 countries. UMPG has some of the most important contemporary songwriters and artists on its global roster. UMPG is also the leading production music group in the world with a diverse and comprehensive portfolio of UPPM-owned repertoire. UPPM is the preeminent supplier of high-level production music throughout the world and serves the burgeoning business that creates, produces, and licenses music for use in film/TV, advertising, broadcast and corporate clients.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is seeking a talented Sr. Business Analyst to join our Data Science Technology team. The BA will be a part of the Data Analytics Technology team and will work across our data technology team and other UMG business teams to analyze, document and develop data and advanced data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence requirements that deliver against several key UMG business goals. The BA/PM is typically assigned projects with a high degree of complexity. She/he must be able to use her/his individual judgment and initiative on all assignments with the minimal level of supervision/direction. She/he is able to independently coordinate many diverse and complex activities to accomplish a goal. The BA/PM is able to develop new models as needed, for processing and presenting data to drive compelling real-time analytics and user experiences. In addition, this individual will assist with the development and implementation of business processes and tools as well as the establishment and integration of measures, metrics, thresholds, and targets to drive performance in alignment with business needs and corporate objectives.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Develop a deep understanding of the existing business landscape and data flows, data engineering and business processes, and cross-department interactions.
- Work with engineering leads and business leads to understand and document current state, the challenges that exist within the operational infrastructure and data, including identification of business and technical gaps.
- Prepare comprehensive future state documentation for business processes.
- Elicit and document business requirements and visual models that communicate what must occur to realize future state.
- Act as primary point of contact for the data engineering team during development to clarify business requirements, resolve issues, and make recommendations as needed where business impacts may arise.
- Prepare for, lead and/or participate in requirements elicitation or architecture design sessions as required for projects.
- Validate and approve data deliverables such as curated datasets to ensure business requirements are being met.
- Support user acceptance testing via test planning and developing and executing test scenarios and/or test scripts.
Bring your VIBE:
- 3+ Years' experience as a BA/PM preferably working with large-scale consumer marketing technology
- Experience with Data Science, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence practices and technology.
- Experienced in tools & techniques of business systems analysis, data engineering, production management, systems testing, or quality assurance
- Exceptionally strong ability to communicate in writing and verbally on both business and technical subjects with all levels of management; possesses strong coordination and meeting facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated hands-on skills working with data using statistical and analytical methods. Ability to identify, develop and apply advanced data analytics/science models that solve business problems.
- Strong SQL and Excel skills. Google Cloud Platform and particularly Google Bigquery experience is a plus
- Project management skills with a proven track record of initiative and outstanding performance.
- Enjoy collaborating in small, fast-moving engineering teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or business-related field.
What’s in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.