At Ingrooves Music Group, we are committed to powering creativity in today’s dynamic music marketplace by providing the best distribution, marketing, and rights management tools and services to content creators and owners. We develop state-of-the-art, cost-efficient, and scalable technology platforms. Our partners benefit from our experienced, knowledgeable people, unparalleled commitment to customer service, and thoughtful marketing solutions that drive results. We aspire to be the most transparent and solution-driven partner for all of the labels and artists we work with.
How we LEAD:
This is an execution and delivery-oriented, highly visible role in the Engineering team with primary responsibility for building, testing, and validating scalable data storage, ETL processes and optimized data retrieval techniques. This includes development of project plans, handling of potential issues and risks, collaborating constructively with project team members, providing effective cross-functional communication, and advancing multiple projects at once. The successful candidate reports to the Manager, Data Engineering.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Create and maintain scalable and optimized data models and schemas for storing multi-TB size data in our ever-growing data warehouse(s)
- Create and maintain automated, scalable and optimized ETL processes for loading and retrieving data for use by our data science, and business development teams
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- Integrate with APIs and external data sources to supplement and enhance core data
Bring your VIBE:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent industry experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with ETL processes/pipelines with large volumes of data and strict expectations for reliability and performance
- Advanced knowledge of and practical experience with SQL and\or NoSQL and big data platforms (e.g. BigQuery, Snowflake, Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres)
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Very comfortable and proficient working in AWS and Linux environment
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, go, etc.
- Knowledgeable of the software design and development lifecycle, TDD, and Agile development practices
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- And much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.