We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group (UMG) currently has an opening for a Senior Accounting position within its Central Accounting Services (CAS) division. This position will support the general accounting close cycle and corporate reporting process across UMG’s various labels and departments. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of combined frontline general ledger and/or corporate reporting experience, possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA credentials are preferred.
Our mission in Central Accounting Services is to continually expand our contribution to the organization through team mentorship, individual development, and creative process improvements. We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a dedicated work ethic and sharp mind.
How you’ll CREATE:
In this role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a broad array of accounting, analysis and reporting activities across multiple labels, including:
- Assist in the monthly financial close and reporting process:
- Prepare and produce journal entries
- Prepare management financial packages, including financial reports, balance sheet reconciliations and supporting analytics to facilitate review of monthly close by senior finance management
- Provide support to various accounting teams as necessary to assist in month end close, audit, SOX and 3rd party statement preparation
- Support special projects and process improvement initiatives
Bring your VIBE:
- Have flexible work hours the last and first day of the month
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, CPA or MBA preferred
- 3 to 5 years of broad general ledger accounting or corporate reporting experience; public accounting experience preferred
- Experience with SAP or similar general ledger applications
- Strong Excel and Word skills required; Macros experience a plus
- Experience with HFM preferred
- Strong analytical skills required; along with attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved one
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.