Job title: A&R Researcher
Responsible to: TBC
Location of work: 4PS, Kings Cross
Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Polydor is looking for an insightful and entrepreneurial Researcher/Data translator to join the A&R team as it invests in tomorrow’s artists and recordings.
The successful candidate will be highly analytical but with a love of music and a passion for listening to and discovering new music across multiple genres. They will use data to compliment the thinking of the existing team, informing and inspiring A&R decision making, and ensuring that the label is at the forefront of current techniques whilst driving innovations beyond. They will be a cheerleader for internal data adoption and the conduit for ideas/requirements between the label and the data sciences teams spread around the company. This is an opportunity to be placed at the heart of the label and as such has potential for significant growth within the label.
We are looking for someone with a passion for data and A&R in equal measure. The ideal candidate will effectively be a talent scout using data to underpin decisions at the sharp end of A&R.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- An engaging communicator with the ability to make simple sense of complex material.
- Lead the adoption of effective data solutions within the team.
- Define systems, recommend tools and manage the team’s overall data strategy.
- Manage the application of data and insight as part of a project team.
- Partner with data specialists who reside in UMG paid media, insight and other labels.
- Liaise with central UMG data teams and ensure their support is relevant & actionable.
- Team up with A&R to help identify talent, and inform their decision making.
Be a problem solver
- Identify and prioritise the business problems where data can make a measurable difference.
- Construct a long-term plan to effect positive change within the label.
Be a data expert
- Be a data evangelist within the label, encouraging others to be better informed using data.
- Define success metrics and help prove the efficacy of our work.
- Delve deeper into performance data and explain how we can replicate success.
- Craft simple and clear reporting templates and take the lead in ongoing analysis.
- Visualise and present analysis to the team, label and artists/management.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the
jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.