Business Development (Consultant)
Are you a business development superstar looking for a unique role within the exciting world of music, media and entertainment?
Universal Music Vietnam is searching for a Business Development Consultant to drive revenue across our non-traditional business. The successful candidate will develop relationships with key brands and agencies to create commercial opportunities using our artist roster. This may include anything from brand endorsements, sponsorship and events through to branded content and digital activation.
In addition, he/she will help maintaining business relationships with our digital partners as well as exploring the new business opportunities to Vietnam market.
With music, we have the powerful ability to connect brands, fans and culture to deliver hugely impact brand marketing campaigns. If this is all sounding interesting to you, please keep reading and apply today!
About the role:
- Research, identify and pitch to prospective agencies and brands to achieve new business revenue targets.
- Create innovative commercial propositions and effective response to briefs using the artist roster, global priorities and assets.
- Prepare sales materials and communications and build/manage client database.
- Prepare business cases and negotiate agreements with clients for all deals.
- Lead the implementation and project management of campaigns/activations to ensure excellent delivery of all obligations. Select and manage all 3rd party contractors and liaise with artist management and internal stakeholders.
- Proactively service clients and build successful long-term relationships with all key contacts.
- Manage post-campaign reporting and case studies.
- Relevant qualifications in Business, Marketing or related field.
- Understanding of music/media/entertainment markets/business models would be highly advantageous
- Strong business development experience and proven ability to deliver commercial results. Ideally you have worked in a creative agency or branded entertainment environment.
- Existing network of key brand and agency contacts (highly desirable).
- Excellent communication skills, extensive experience in client presenting / pitching and advanced negotiation skills.
- Entrepreneurial, creative and innovative. Ability to understand the bigger picture, internal and external context to create out of the box opportunities.
- Good financial understanding including budget management.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
UMG's catalog is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). UMG also includes Universal Music Publishing Group, one of the industry's premier music publishing operations worldwide and Bravado, the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Universal Music Group is a Vivendi company.