Key responsibilities include;
- Alongside the Head of Digital meet the artists and managers at point of signing and throughout artist campaigns to ensure that creative content and initiatives are being delivered for each release/event.
- Advise artists on best practices for their social networks and oversee for duration of campaign.
- Create and implement digital timelines around key releases.
- Keeping up to date with key digital trends and new technology to help create exciting artist campaigns.
- Working with external social media agencies to create and deliver posting plans for artists online platforms.
- Working with digital partners such as VEVO, Shazam, Giphy, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat etc.
- Oversee the creation of digital content with 3rd party agencies- such as video clips, teasers, gifs etc.
- Managing the eCRM strategy for all artists as well as messenger bots and other forms of direct to consumer communication.
- Working with Marketing to create additional online content such as:
- Artist video diaries.
- Studio/gig/behind the scenes footage.
- Other creative.
- Work with Head of Digital and Marketing to ensure that online advertising is creatively set to deliver the best results and consumer message.
- Manage the content on artist and labels websites and oversee the redesign and build of artists sites.
- Work with Marketing to create appropriate digital tools for campaigns
- Work with UMG video supply chain team to deliver all artist video content.
- Responsible for reporting back to the label and artist teams on all campaigns.
- Circulating and updating the weekly digital and marketing report.
- Experience in similar Digital Campaign role; ideally within Music Industry or Music Agency.
- Experience of devising overall digital strategy for campaigns and liaising with management to achieve campaign goals.
- Experience of working and successfully implementing digital marketing campaigns.
- Keen interest in digital marketing – constantly keeping up with new initiatives in this space.
- Regular user of Facebook/ Instagram / Twitter / You Tube / Spotify / etc. – experience of using social media to effectively enhance marketing campaigns.
- Excellent knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications and the Internet.
- Good knowledge of Photoshop & Basic HTML understanding.
- Familiar with Wordpress CMS.
- Passionate about music and the digital landscape.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to the changing market.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels within the business.
- Flexible and able to prioritise own workload.
- Self-motivated; hard working and enthusiastic.
- Ability to be analytical and read data especially streaming and sales data.
Diversity and inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.