Global Financial Reporting Manager
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
The role is a post-qualified position within the Global Finance team reporting to the Director, Global Finance Reporting. The Global Financial Reporting team is responsible for: the consolidation of the global operating company results, review of the financial reporting of the operating companies, communicating the results to the corporate shareholder and providing analysis and presentations on group financial reporting to management. The team also closely supports the UMG CFO and UMG Board, and provides assistance to the Heads of Finance in the operating companies.
As a Manager within the team, the role will focus on delivering the group’s consolidated external financial statements, advising the Global Finance department leadership on complex technical accounting matters and leading on the practical implementation of the Group Accounting Policies. This role is also expected to assist and support senior management in any potential IPO procedures.
Fulfilling these key responsibilities will require liaising closely with the Global Reporting Analysts and leading on areas key to the production of the consolidated external financial statements.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Preparation of the Group Consolidated Financial Statements (IFRS basis). Design of the necessary associated models and financial system structure to enable the efficient and effective production of the group results
- Production of quarterly Financial Reporting deck and other key analysis on the group external financial reporting for circulation to key UMG senior financial management
- Development and maintenance of KPIs for financial reporting
- Advising on technical accounting matters where they arise, for example within Group Catalogue or Investment transaction activity. Preparation on associated memos on accounting considerations and detailed conclusions for basis of accounting where necessary
- Ensuring adherence to the UMG accounting policy book and relevant IAS requirements and disclosures. Management of policy book regarding any changes of policy – including those resulting from new accounting standards
- Working with the Group Reporting Analysts on areas of reporting affecting disclosure on Group Financial Statements
- Assist and support senior management in any potential IPO procedures should they arise
- Provide additional off-cycle support to Director, Global Financial Reporting and VP, Global Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Liaising with Group external auditors on the necessary review/audit of the Group Financial Statements
- A relevant qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with experience in financial controls and accounting, either from within business or as an auditor
- Experience in financial reporting requirements, specifically IFRS (or equivalent) and interpretation of new standards
- Ability to manage and coach junior team members and provide support to colleagues at all levels including training where necessary
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in written form. In addition, must be able to explain/present results (especially financial) in a clear, accurate and concise form
- Strong planning and organisational skills, with ability to manage own workload in a pressurised environment and work to tight deadlines
- Experience in using innovative technical solutions to drive efficiencies and solve problems
- Ability to apply knowledge from previous global experiences and share knowledge and insight
- Ability to build and sustain strong relationships with colleagues and lead firmwide teams of mixed grades and experience
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to develop strong relationships with colleagues from the different territories within Universal Music
- Excellent analytical skills and experience building excel spreadsheets (or equivalent) up to macro level
- Interest in music with an enthusiasm to work within the industry
- Knowledge of Hyperion products would be advantageous
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.