Global Digital Marketing Intern
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music UK who help make us Britain’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
The Global Digital Marketing Innovation department are responsible for creating unconventional digital marketing models that allow consumers to engage with our content in new and exciting ways.
We develop new digital advertising techniques and new ways of collecting consumer data and monetizing social media. We create tools to manage artists’ digital presence that focuses on driving awareness and transactions. As well as establishing new revenue streams such as helping 3rd party brands to get closer to consumers.
The primary responsibility will be to support the marketing team to develop innovative marketing initiatives and digital tools that can be scaled across UMG territories, as well as global digital marketing artists campaigns.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Liaise with labels and teams globally
- Manage communications between teams for internal digital marketing tools and campaigns
- Assist in creating digital campaigns and assets (graphic/3D) for a range of global priority artists
- Iteratively develop and prototype new creative digital ideas for artists
- High proficiency in web technology and graphic design
- 3D model and animation skills a plus
- Thorough in your understanding of social media and digital marketing platforms
- Happy to use initiative with confidence, and suggest improvements in new media and digital marketing where appropriate
- Forward-thinker and motivated self-starter
- Relevant degree (computer science, web design, multimedia technology) or equivalent
- Passionate about the digital world, tech and innovation
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise projects and work to tight deadlines
- Open to learning new platforms and tasks
- Organised with excellent self-management skills (email, calendar, phone etc) and attention to detail
- Proficient with web development and web design including:
- Graphic design on Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge and experience using social media platform
- Expertise in using Microsoft Office applications
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.