Purpose of role
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are in search of a Finance and Accounting Manager to be based in Tel Aviv, Israel.
The Finance Manager provides financial and commercial support to both the Universal Music and Universal Music Publishing businesses; accurately recording and reporting the results of both companies; ensuring the companies operate within a strong control environment. They also offer commercial support across both businesses acting as a key business partner to the MD/GM and others within the management team.
- Ensure the timely and accurate reporting of both companies financial results, assets & liabilities in line with local GAAP and IFRS accounting standards, and to confidently present these results to local management for review
- Ensure VAT and WHT reporting is completed on time and accurately – liaising with local tax advisors where necessary
- Ensure a strong control environment is maintained and regularly tested to confirm compliance with group policies and procedures.
- Liaise with local advisors on annual statutory accounts and take the lead in the annual audit process
- Assisting with the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow budgeting and forecasting process, working with local management to generate high quality forecast accuracy in the projections and visibility of the business
- Ensure internal control and compliance with corporate accounting policies and adherence to Table of Authorities
- Produce financial and management reporting to the MD/GM and regional leadership team to support monthly, quarterly and year-end targets achievements
- Ensure the timely and accurate processing of the company’s royalty obligations both internally and externally. Monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions
- Work closely with local management providing financial expertise across all areas of the business including A&R, marketing and innovation projects
- Has a relevant qualification from a recognised professional accountancy body – either local or international
- A highly motivated, self-driven individual, with the confidence to influence and support senior local management
- 4+ years’ experience, preferably 2 years of audit background in one of the 4 major audit companies + 2 years commercial experience in an international company
- Proven understanding of financial management and statutory reporting under Israeli GAAP and international reporting under IFRS
- Strong knowledge of Israeli taxation laws and legislations including WHT and VAT
- Knowledge and experience of SAP
- Excellent IT skills, especially Excel & PowerPoint and enjoys learning new systems
- Experience in a media organisation
- Integrity, honesty and loyalty
- Fluent in English spoken and written
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to communicate and work well with others
- Has a passion for financial and data analysis combined with a hands-on attitude to the day to day running of an organisation
- A love of music is highly beneficial
Diversity and Inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer and committed to the principle of diversity.