Manager, eCommerce Production
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is seeking an eCommerce Merch Production Manager to work with our center Production team and across our Internal cross functional teams to ensure best-in-class eCommerce merch Production is executed for our clients. You will have the opportunity to work with varied internal groups to coordinate, track and launch merch for some of the most successful artists and entertainment companies in the world and to work with emerging digital music and entertainment technologies. You will have opportunities to contribute to the efficiency of processes for the company to utilize in the future.
The Merchandise Production Manager will be responsible to autonomously lead and manage the vendor/supplier relationships, and production for assigned UMG Labels. He/She/They will be the production point person for all components of that business from development through shipping. Will demonstrate a commitment to establishing and creating strong, open working partnerships with supplier/vendor partners as well as critical internal partners. He/She/They will successfully ensure on time shipping of product that meets/exceeds UMG standards of quality and costing.
The Manager is responsible for agile calendar and deadline adherence, tracking and monitoring all merchandise production requests and ensuring all projects are being sampled, tracked, approved, and moved into production in a timely fashion. This role will work closely with Director of Merch Production and the VP to cater to all requests related to production of goods.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Drive business of the designated UMG Labels through autonomous accountable ownership, with support of Director and VP of Merch Production.
- Own internal meetings; costing quotes/options, communication of deadlines, call outs for early commits, options for issue resolution for designated UMG Labels/Artists.
- Manage vendor/supplier allocation and counter sourcing with confident POV on vendor/supplier capabilities.
- Proactively develop and maintain vendor/supplier relationships for the business. Challenge vendors appropriately to innovate, share newness, market intel.
- Develop strong, productive daily partnerships with internal partners to ensure quality production and on time delivery to the fans.
- Clearly communicate and follow up with internal and vendor/supplier partners via email, chat, video conferencing and teleconferencing.
- Proactively trouble shoot and offer resolution to issues arising; enlisting Director’s partnership as needed.
- Oversee sample delivery and sample approval from account manager
- Collate, review, and accurately recap information sent and received with ongoing follow up.
- Proficiently utilize internal tracking tools, capturing all project details, updates, status in real time to enable accurate transparent tracking and monitoring status of all merchandise production projects.
- Provide accurate, thorough summary recaps for orders placed.
- Ensure Coordinator’s growth and development through ongoing coaching, mentoring, and leading by example.
- Manage special projects in conjunction with daily responsibilities.
Bring your VIBE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or a related field.
- 3-6 years of progressive responsibility in production.
- Proficient with workflow software (Microsoft Office, Google Sheets, Monday, etc.); especially familiarity with Excel.
- PLM experience preferred. Experience with music merch box sets a plus.
- Merchandise (apparel) production experience required; novelty/accessories experience a plus.
- Self-starter who can complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly accurate, organized and calendar driven, with ability to handle many competing priorities, multiple projects, and tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to leverage cross functional partnerships, leadership/ownership in meetings and tasks, flexible to constantly changing demands of the Adept at working in a fast-paced environment and successfully juggle multiple projects and tasks with tight deadlines.
- Experience working with design and creative partners.
- Trustworthy with sensitive information.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved one
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.