We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
This position has sole responsibility for entering all inventory invoices that have been properly matched and approved for payment. To assist in the weekly check issuance process and ensure all documents are filed timely. To assist in the monthly Distributed Label Statement issuance. To facilitate in recording Sales Journals for the Sales Reconciliation process. To maintain the accuracy of JPI invoices versus the detail files for items refurbished. Tracking and recording all expenses associated with Manufacturing on Demand. Fully responsible for proper recording of expense associated with the intercompany transfer from UMG for acting as the freight consolidator and expensing the 5% upcharge.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Enter all invoices and disbursement requests within vendor specified payment terms and release to open invoice detail for timely payment
- Scan all entered invoices and disbursement requests to Filebound and file, timely. Ensure the scanned copies are legible and have proper approval(s) and documentation
- Maintain the integrity of the voucher packet filing system including sending older vouchers offsite and retrieving offsite vouchers as required for research and resolution
- Research and resolve any inventory valuation issue, or discrepancies on invoices and/or PO’s
- Research and resolve vendor inquiries via working from their monthly statements
- Research and resolve department/division level inquires for general ledger posting details which are accounts payable based
- Reclassify incorrectly posted items with an AP source within one month of discovery
- Properly maintain copies of all distributed label expenses for statement details
- Create monthly statements for some distributed label earnings and prepare monthly reconciliations by the 15th of each month.
- Prepare and issue the Gaither Fulfillment statement by the 5th of each month.
- Complete the account reconciliation for the audit binder. Ensure the billing is processed to be included in the current month reporting
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts as assigned each month, researching and resolving any discrepancies/issues discovered in the process
- Process sales journal batches to Lawson, communicating errors discovered, and update the monthly log
- Maintain accounting and documentation for bill backs to labels from the warehouse
- Account for UMG freight charges and reconcile the intercompany account associated
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bring your VIBE:
- Organization/prioritization skills
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Speed and accuracy in data entry
- Time management skills
- High school degree required some college preferred
- Accounting department work experience a plus
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
We are an E-Verify employer.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish