Customer Service Representative
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is looking for a Customer Service Representative to be a part of the eCommerce & Label Service Customer Experience team. This role will client facing and the first point of contact for overall customer experience. This role will communicate and resolve inquiries with customers via email, social media, and phone. This role will also be responsible for resolving product or service problems by clarifying the customers complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Respond to and resolve an assigned volume daily of inquiries with customers via email, social media and phone
- Assist with placement of orders refunds or exchanges.
- Keeps customer records up to date.
- Report recurring issues trends.
- Prepare and ship customer care packages gift cards and other correspondence as needed.
- Responds to customers in a timely and completely respectful manner.
- Treat customers with dignity, respect, patience and understanding.
- Apply the Golden Rule and treat customers the way they would like to be treated and strive to always make a positive difference in customers’ lives.
- Uphold the policies of the E-Commerce/Merchandising department as stated in the Universal Music Group Customer Care Help Center.
- Other administrative responsibilities as assigned.
Bring your VIBE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of customer service, client relations or related administrative experience.
- Strong communication skills; verbal and written
- Ability to be patient express empathy and concern
- Independent thinker; able to make meaningful decisions based on each situation
- Excellent follow up skills and 100% follow through on commitments
- Result and action oriented resourceful
- Strong work ethic highly motivated upbeat personality team player
- Ability to analyze and report on trends and issues
- Reliable attendance history
- Availability to work a flexible schedule which includes evenings and weekends
- Strong computer skills; Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel and Internet search skills
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.