Senior Analyst, Artist Insights, Social Analytics
Global Insight is a 15+ staff team, with presence in London, NY and LA. This role is based in NY and will primarily support UMG’s US labels, reporting directly to the Artist Insight Director supporting the Artist Insight team.
The Artist Insight team leads strategic insights and research for Universal Music Group’s esteemed record labels and business units. Our department supports marketing, commercial, and A&R label teams for a range of artists; from emerging acts to global superstars. You will get the chance to work with the world’s top label groups including Republic Records, Island Records, Def Jam Recordings, Verve Label Group, and many others.
This role calls for an enthusiastic and pro-active team player and music enthusiast, who will be researching and tracking the audience of our artists, connection drivers, audience perceptions and engagement across key markets to derive actionable insights that are presented to the marketing teams in our labels, directly influencing release campaigns and media planning process.
The candidate will be heavily involved in projects from start to finish. There will be a heavy focus on data analysis and interpretation of results across several sources into exciting narratives.
- Supporting Artist Insight Director on a day to day basis with:
- Project brainstorming / ideation
- Being the ‘go to’ person for social analytics (primary tool used: Crimson Hexagon)
- Conducting analysis using different data sources (e.g. primary research, sales data, social media analytics) that feed into artist projects
- Developing reports and outputs to our clients - preparing “skeleton” structure, adding insights throughout development, building narrative with data
- Manage external agency relationships – project management to guarantee the delivery of results to the agreed timelines
- Work closely with the whole Global Insight team, collaborate and work as part of one team
- Leverage insight projects across disciplines to deliver true value back to key stakeholders
- Confident, highly numerate, pro-active, creative individual able to work in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, project management
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Solid presentation skills
- Passionate about research and analysis - strong advocate for data
- Passionate about the music industry - not just music, but the music business
- Naturally curious and inquisitive about consumer behavior
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Keynote (visualization, design, presentation of reports) and Excel expertise is essential
- Valued but not essential:
- Qualitative research experience
- Quantitative research experience (survey set-up and design)
- Survey scripting
- Basic video editing valued
- Research skills:
- At least 3 years of insight/data analysis experience in media, creative agency, research
- Strong experience with social media listening tools analysis (particularly, Crimson Hexagon)
- Experience to include (but not limited to) data visualization, analysis (e.g. cross tab analysis) and report writing.
- Comfortable with large data sets
- Well versed with creating themes and summarizing large open-ended survey responses
- Ability to bring data to life in an intelligent and compelling way (storytelling)
- Ability to provide recommendations based on analysis of multiple data sources
- Experience in innovation, brand strategy and social media strategy
- BA degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.