Audience Development Executive
Job title: Audience Development Executive
Responsible to: Audience Development Manager
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square
Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen.Ryder@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
UMC is the label responsible for ensuring the continued success of Universal Music Group’s world class catalogue of recordings. We work with some of the most successful, innovative, timeless and respected artists of all time, continuing to grow their audiences and keep the world listening. From The Beatles to Massive Attack, through the soundtracks of Disney and new albums from legends such as The Specials, UMC develops strategies across audio, video, marketing, social, streaming and product development.
The Audience Development team is at the head of UMC’s work to grow bigger, more engaged global audiences for our artists and their catalogues. Developing long-term creative digital plans, informed by clear audience insights, to grow listening over time.
UMC are looking for a dynamic and proactive Audience Development Executive to work within the Audience Development team to deliver digital activity aimed at long-term demand for our artists.
The B Side: Skills and Experience
Be audience development focused
- Oversee the production & delivery of long-term audience growth and engagement plans.
- Utilise data to better define, understand and connect with audiences.
Be pre-emptive & collaborative
- Collaborate with key planning, research, data and other digital teams within UMG.
- Be constantly on the lookout for innovative marketing channels and initiatives with the goal of delivering industry firsts on a regular basis.
- Work hand in hand with the Marketing team to produce holistic marketing plans.
- Build strong relationships with artists / management to gain support and approval for plans.
- Organise the production of digital assets including Artist websites, mailers, banners etc.
- Contribute ideas and help refine suggestions into compelling creative propositions to artist and management.
- Work with external agencies to deliver bespoke digital initiatives.
- Collaborate with the creative content team to deliver the highest quality digital assets.
Be a leader
- Day to day responsibility for delivering ongoing tailored content and activity.
- Work with UMC colleagues to plan, monitor and optimise multi-channel projects.
- Aim to deliver connected and cutting-edge strategies across departments and labels.
- Communicate plans to commercial, international and marketing teams to enable optimum support in territories and on digital services.
Be analytical & innovative
- Input into ongoing analysis and document knowledge to ensure we constantly learn and evolve our strategy accordingly.
- Collaborate with our insights & analytics team to review, evaluate and improve the effectiveness of our marketing strategies.
- Keep up to date with innovation online and our competition, ensuring we are always exploring new marketing and partnership opportunities.
- Partner with our in-house paid team to garner general digital marketing learning from paid media initiatives.
- Proven success in implementing and optimizing effective digital marketing.
- Strong technological knowledge and comprehensive understanding of emerging digital opportunities.
- Experience using social media to enhance marketing.
- Understanding of music industry rights, including recording and publishing.
- Good knowledge of Photoshop & HTML required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels within the business.
- Confident meeting, presenting to, and building strong relationships with artist management and external partners.
- Flexible and able to prioritise own workload and multiple projects at any one time.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to the changing market.
- Self-motivated, hardworking and enthusiastic.
- Passionate about music and the digital landscape – and ultimately a music obsessed fan with broad tastes!
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the
jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.