Coordinator, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Our commitment to innovation extends to our first-class People, Inclusion and Culture team, which is currently seeking a Coordinator, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging. The Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging team (DIBs) serves as a guiding force for authenticity and connection within Universal Music. We’re a community of creatives brought together by music, growing our DIBs programs across the globe. This is a great opportunity to play a central role in the further development, drive and communication of our holistic DIBs strategy. You will help broaden and deepen our organization’s focus on Increasing representation; Fostering a culture of belonging; Activating multicultural audiences; Driving economic inclusion; Engaging new social impact partners; and Inspiring everyday innovation.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to build partnerships with diverse professional organizations to recruit early, mid-career, and seasoned talent that allow us to better reflect the diversity of our core audiences, artists, and songwriters.
- Partner with Senior Director, DIBs and People Experience on execution of early career programming targeting untapped communities.
- Partner with Senior Director, DIBs on execution of Artist, Songwriter, Producer Services development and execution.
- Partner with Senior Director, DIBs in providing resources, tools and best practices to global colleagues and creating reports and templates for DIBs representation data strategy.
- Manage ERG expenses through Uniport.
- Manage and track DIBs department spending against budget.
- Own and execute vendor payouts including, but not limited to, invoices, contracts, payment processing, etc.
- Assist with planning, logistics, and design support of DIBs cultural moments programming and other key events.
- Create a contact list for all existing vendors and those under consideration.
- Provide support to the rest of the DIBs team as needed
Bring your VIBE:
- 2+ years administrative experience, understanding of DE&I initiatives, and programing
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of the company at all levels including Senior Management
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with external partners and clients
- High attention to detail, excellent follow-through, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
- Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and able to multi-task
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Fluent in email marketing tools - Constant Contact, Contact Monkey etc.
- Experience with Photoshop, Canva
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.