Senior Director, Urban Marketing
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Interscope Geffen A&M Records (“IGA”) is home to some of the biggest artists in the world including U2, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, Lady Gaga, and many more. As a leader in the music industry, we are always looking for talented and driven individuals to join our family.
How we LEAD:
Interscope Geffen A&M Records is currently seeking a Senior Director of Urban Marketing who will oversee and direct all aspects of day-to-day marketing and will partner with our labels/managers/artists to develop marketing campaigns that strategize the best course to market for their releases, a role specializing in Urban (Hip-hop/Rap/R&B) Music.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Work with our partners to create a strong marketing campaign that is engaging to fans, raising visibility and driving commercial results
- Act as the marketing lead for specific projects. This includes developing the overall marketing plan, budget and strategy for the campaign and then executing it
- The candidate will be responsible for guiding our label partners in creating well thought out and creative plans
- Be available for all label meetings to act as a sounding board and strategist
- Work cross-functionally across all departments, and with label partners and artist management
- Be immersed and have thorough knowledge of urban music sector with experience of promoter circuit, urban charts, digital and social media platforms, and grassroots/street marketing
Bring your VIBE:
- Develop and execute comprehensive marketing strategies and campaigns for music launches and artist development
- General knowledge of all departments within a label, including digital, publicity, revenue, A&R, creative, production and radio promotion
- Must be tech-savvy with a deep understanding of current & forthcoming technologies and general market trends
- Develop an overall marketing plan, budget and strategy for campaigns with the ability to write and convey marketing plans/efforts to executives and management
- Organize, prioritize, and execute a wide range of tasks under tight deadlines
- Creativity and willingness to think outside the box
- Must be innovative with a high degree of energy, flexibility, and interpersonal skills
- Strong teamwork skills and communication abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Word
- Must have strong music industry relationships
- 8-10+ years’ experience in the music industry
- Label experience a must, including strong knowledge around Urban genre
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer