Manager, Cost Accounting
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group (UMG) currently has an opening for a Cost Accounting Manager position within its Central Accounting Services (CAS) division. This position will manage all cost accounting activities for UMG’s manufacturing division (Universal Manufacturing & Logistics) and all UMG record labels in the US in support of the general accounting close cycle and corporate reporting.
Our mission in Central Accounting Services is to continually expand our contribution to the organization through team mentorship, individual development, and creative process improvements. We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a dedicated work ethic and sharp mind.
How you’ll CREATE:
In this role, the successful candidate will oversee and manage all cost accounting activities:
- Reconciliation of inventory & obsolescence balances to subledger reports. Timely resolution of any reconciling items.
- Analytical review of inventory & obsolescence monthly movement – investigate material & unusual movements and resolve prior to HFM submission.
- Manufacturing cost analysis for each label including explanations for material activity & variances to normal/expected trends.
- Propose correcting journal entries as necessary as a result of analysis and reconciliations.
- Analyze and reconcile GRNI (Goods Receipt Not Invoice) account and propose adjustments, as necessary.
- Identify process deficiencies causing incorrect accounting postings. Work with finance & production staff to correct and institute better processes.
- Quarterly analysis of component inventory obsolescence reserves and profit-in-ending inventory.
- Key project member of S4 Hana implementation project. Participate in developing new processes and controls in the new S4 Hana environment.
- Key contact for all inventory related questions for UMG accounting & finance teams and UMG JV partners.
- Liaise with internal & external auditors and prepare audit schedules as required.
- Support special projects, process improvement initiatives & annual SOX testing.
Bring your VIBE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting a must, CPA or MBA preferred
- Must have at least 4 to 6 years of cost accounting experience
- General ledger accounting or corporate reporting experience; public accounting experience a plus
- Experience with SAP or similar general ledger applications
- Strong Excel & Word skills required
- Strong analytical skills required; along with attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.