Director, Media Marketing
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group Nashville is seeking a Media Marketing Director with 5+ years of experience. This individual should have broad musical interest across genres with a particular focus on country music. The position requires a self-starter who can work both independently and within a team environment. Responsibilities include acting as primary day-to-day liaison with managers and indie publicists for a select portion of the UMGN artist roster, creating publicity plans and materials, launching campaigns and strategic marketing initiatives for current and catalogue releases, developing and maintaining relationships with media, and more.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Collaborate with internal departments including marketing, digital media, creative, promotion, sales/streaming, brands/sponsorships, and A&R.
- Work closely with artist development to inform strategy and share creative ideas.
- Research and identify pitching topics to creatively develop story angles and generate media.
- Work with local and national editorial and broadcast contacts to coordinate press opportunities, facilitate reviews, and secure placement and coverage.
- Handle red carpet media for talent at various events throughout the year.
- Create, maintain, and oversee publicity assets such as press releases, discographies, biographies, talk points, etc.
- Work directly with broadcast, print/digital media assignment editors, copy editors, producers, etc.
- Responsible for relationship with finance department (budget tracking and invoicing).
- Develop and foster a stellar rapport with current and potential clients.
- Ability to assist other team members and Senior Management in client relations.
- Full availability and extensive travel may be required including nights and weekends, potential national and international travel with clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bring your VIBE:
- Bachelor's Degree in public relations, communications, journalism, marketing, or another related field preferred
- Minimum five years of publicity experience; Music Industry preferred
- Proven track record of launching, re-inventing, and maintaining public relations campaigns
- Exceptional writing, editing and oral communication skills for press releases, media alerts, pitches, proposals, and client strategies
- Well-rounded in public relations and understands the evolution and inner workings of the industry, and is aware of and responsive to news cycles and trends
- Demonstrate ability to be flexible, detail-oriented, meet tight deadlines, work under pressure, and thrive in fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple short- and long-term projects and plans concurrently
- Experience in pitching media, generating placement, campaign launching and other major initiatives
- Ability to work with executives, talent, and managers at all levels
- Knowledgeable of AP style and have strong and swift pitching skills
- Results-driven self-starter as well as a team player
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish