Internship Program Director
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is currently seeking a motived Intern Director to join the UMG team in our New York office. The position is responsible for the overall success and coordination of the internship program, partnering with the Senior Manager of Internship Programs, UMG Executive Leaders and the Talent Acquisition team. The Director will plan and implement on-campus events, recruit and engage industry partners, work closely with companies and organizations and program delivery.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Partner with the Head of Talent Acquisition to strategically identify, create and implement a top-notch intern program that makes sense for the business
- Partner with the business and HR to understand their objectives for the program, how to bridge those gaps and ways to add more value
- Create a structure that is fluid and dynamic for various parts of the business
- Build a data-driven function by utilizing data to drive performance
- Create a detailed calendar for the year identifying processes, events, cutoffs, communications, etc.
- Foster strong relationships with Universities where it makes sense to bring on talent
- Manage a team of 2 Intern Recruiters
- Brings hustle to the role because you share our passion for music, artists, and creators!
Bring your VIBE:
- Strong discernment and understanding of what to proactively drive forward and what to escalate/seek support with
- Make strategic decisions regarding your team and initiatives based on data
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and partnership with the Head of Talent Acquisition
- Train and develop a team of Intern Recruiters to consult with the business
- Acts as a partner to the business and across the HR organization
- Act with a strong sense of urgency, be highly organized, resilient, collaborative and demonstrate a capability to function in the “gray”
- Creative problem solver that seizes opportunities to make a difference
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer