Administrative Assistant, Marketing
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
The Verve Label Group is home to the most acclaimed artists in Jazz and Classical music and is comprised of the legendary jazz label Verve Records as well as Verve Forecast and Impulse! and Universal Music Classics, including Decca Gold, Deutsche Grammophone, Decca, Mercury KX and distributed label ECM. VLG is focused on championing both core and developing artists in jazz, classical and legacy artists as well as developing new, emerging talent in keeping with the label group’s diverse roster of artists.
The Verve Label Group is currently looking for an Administrative Assistant to support the Marketing Department. The ideal candidate will have experience working within the music/entertainment field in a supporting role and be able to multi-task and prioritize.
This exciting role requires superior attention to detail, great organizational skills, the ability to meet tight deadlines, and to juggle multiple critical requests. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is important. Must be very efficient and highly attuned to the smallest of details, as well as being able to multi-task and working on tight deadlines in a high - pressure environment is crucial. No task is too small and no challenge too great. A “can-do” attitude is essential.
- Provide overall support to the Marketing Department. These tasks include but are not limited to: answering a high volume of calls, scheduling meetings, submitting expense reports and coordinating business travel for Marketing Department.
- Coordinate artist travel
- Organize department, label and artist meetings (catering, booking conference rooms, conference lines, video conferences, run A/V, etc.)
- Liaise with other departments, including Publicity, Digital, Revenue, Sync, Branding, International, Production, Creative etc.
- Oversee special projects and events including showcases, listening events etc.
- Coordinate and assist with project campaigns and marketing initiatives
- Initiate and coordinate the design and manufacture of promo and merch items
- Manage marketing product inventory
- Manage department office supplies inventory
- Coordinate radio indies
- Execute mailings for radio, new releases, etc.
- Place free good requests (Egratis)
- Manage Uniport – new supplier set up, create PO’s, code and process invoices
- Solicit and place DJ orders
- Oversee intern duties and daily schedule
- Work in concert with other assistants at the label and coordinate duties when necessary
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of our company at all levels including Senior Management and with employees of companies with which we do business
- Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and able to multi-task under pressure
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong proficiency and working knowledge of Mac and PC experience (proficiency in MS Word & Excel, PowerPoint)
- Very strong typing skills
- Internet savvy
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Highly motivated with networking ability
- Able to work in a very fast and energetic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Must also demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, and an ability to manage multiple assignments under tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.