Private Bank Associate II - MLO
Umpqua Bank is a publicly traded financial holdings company, headquartered in the Pacific Northwest with 6,000+ employees, which offers banking services to customers throughout the nation. It’s an especially exciting time to join our team as, following the recent merger with Columbia Bank, we have grown to become a leading western-based regional bank with more than $50B in assets under management and an unwavering commitment to our associates, our customers, and our communities.
We create a great place to work by offering a special brand of relationship banking and by providing a culture where associates thrive. Associates who embody our core values fit in well here and we are eager to meet candidates who demonstrate behaviors that align with Trust, Ownership, Growth, Empathy, Teamwork, Heart, Enjoyment, and Relationships.
About the Role:
Provides unique client service experience to high net worth Private Bank clients. Responsible for opening and maintaining private bank client banking and lending accounts through comprehensive service request fulfillment. High net worth clients increase non-interest income, product/service penetration and client retention to Umpqua Bank.
- Provides daily management of all deposit and loan details for Private Banking high net worth clients, including individuals, professional firms and not-for-profit organizations.
- Establishes and maintains professional, direct contact with both internal and external professional service providers and Private Bank clients to resolve all service and product requests and maintenance needs. Follows through on commitments and communicates realistic expectations to clients and partners.
- Participates in client and prospect calls with Private Wealth Advisors and Private Bank Advisors, outside calling and other marketing efforts.
- Assists in collecting financial data related to deposits, new and renewal loan requests. Assists with processing and servicing new and renewing consumer and commercial purpose loans and lines of credit.
- Presents facts and offers opinions/recommendations to Private Bankers and Private Wealth Advisors concerning client needs. Follows up with clients to obtain all necessary information and clarification on financial analysis materials and resources.
- Ensures account opening, delivery and maintenance for deposit products; reviews and monitors documents for accuracy, completeness and adherence to approval conditions and compliance regulations.
- Provides accurate and timely responses to letters and phone calls to ensure quality customer service.
- Schedules marketing opportunities with internal and external business partners. Schedules client appointments, annual reviews, and reviews client profiles for any additional servicing needs or new sales opportunity.
- Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to your position and keep up to date on regulation changes.
- Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security, and other regulations that apply to your position
- May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, marketing or equivalent preferred
- 4-7 years of relevant client-facing experience in Private Banking or investment firm.
- Strong credit, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven track record of effectively delivering seamless service to high-net-worth clients, firms and organizations across multiple product lines and/or departments of a financial institution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and sound judgment in a wide variety of circumstances.
- Working knowledge of all Umpqua Bank and Umpqua Investments products and services in order to effectively cross-market all appropriate services.
- Ability to work effectively with and influence individuals and groups across the company to manage internal and external customer relationships and expectations to achieve results.
- Advanced personal computers skills and related software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Previous experience using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools and demonstrated ability to manage a team’s client management process (pipeline, contact planning, activity tracking, etc.).
- Ability to train and present to small and large audiences or has the interest in learning to train and present.
- This position requires you to act as a Bank MLO, which is defined as an individual authorized by the Bank to take mortgage loan applications, offer a mortgage, arrange a mortgage, assist a consumer in obtaining or applying to obtain a mortgage, negotiate a mortgage, otherwise obtain or make a mortgage for another person, represent to the public (through advertising or other means of communication) that such person can or will perform any of these activities, or refer a consumer to a loan originator (Note: Except those employees of the Bank who do not discuss particular credit terms available and do not refer the consumer, based on the employee’s assessment of the consumer’s financial characteristics to a particular Bank MLO) for compensation or gain. All MLOs will be required to register as an MLO complying with the SAFE Act requirements.
- This position IS NOT authorized to act as a Bank Closed-End MLO, which is defined as any position designated to perform the activities of a Bank MLO for closed-end transactions, and thus subject to specific Truth-in-Lending Act and Regulation Z Loan Originator requirements.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base wages and comprehensive benefits. The pay range for this role is $22.78 - $37.81, and the pay rate for the selected candidate is dependent upon a variety of non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, education, and geographic location. The role may be eligible for performance-based incentive compensation and those details will be provided during the recruitment process.
We offer eligible associates comprehensive healthcare coverage (medical, dental, and vision plans), a 401(k)-retirement savings plan with employer match for qualifying associate contributions, an employee assistance program, life insurance, disability insurance, tuition assistance, mental health resources, identity theft protection, legal support, auto and home insurance, pet insurance, access to an online discount marketplace, and paid vacation, sick days, volunteer days, and holidays. Benefit eligibility begins the first day of the month following the date of hire for associates who are regularly scheduled to work at least thirty hours weekly.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Umpqua Bank is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to employing, engaging, and developing a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other applicable protected status or characteristics. If you require an accommodation to complete the application or interview(s), please let us know by email: [email protected]
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:
Our posted job opportunities are only intended for individuals seeking employment at Umpqua Bank. Umpqua Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies and Umpqua Bank will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resume submissions. Staffing and recruiting agencies are not authorized to submit profiles, applications, or resumes to this site or to any Umpqua Bank employee and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited unless requested directly by a member of the Talent Acquisition team.