Commercial Relationship Manager III
Umpqua Bank is a publicly traded financial holdings company, headquartered in the Pacific Northwest with 6,000+ employees, which offers banking services to customers throughout the nation. It’s an especially exciting time to join our team as, following the recent merger with Columbia Bank, we have grown to become a leading western-based regional bank with more than $50B in assets under management and an unwavering commitment to our associates, our customers, and our communities.
We create a great place to work by offering a special brand of relationship banking and by providing a culture where associates thrive. Associates who embody our core values fit in well here and we are eager to meet candidates who demonstrate behaviors that align with Trust, Ownership, Growth, Empathy, Teamwork, Heart, Enjoyment, and Relationships.
About the Role:
Develops, advises, manages and retains client relationships. Solicits new business relationships. Focuses on profitability of relationship. This is a sales and solutions focused position.
- Business development of new commercial client relationships
- Develop internal relationships in order to provide comprehensive financial solutions to clients from all areas of the bank
- Business development of current client relationships
- Advises clients on financial solutions and strategies
- Manage and review client relationships
- High level of awareness of banking industry and industry specific trends
- Broad and demonstrated knowledge in other banking services offered by other Lines of Businesses to identify and offer qualified referrals.
- Demonstrate an in depth knowledge, understanding and development of Commercial banking financial solutions:
- Complex Credit structures and solutions Treasury Management and Deposit Solutions
- Engage in community relationships and activities for business development
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or other appropriate area preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years’ Commercial banking experience or equivalent
- Proven ability to cross sell all bank products
- Expert in building client relationships
- Handles complex relationships and interacts with outside counsel, title companies, etc.
- Expert business development and sales skills
- Ability to manage existing portfolio
- Consultative selling skills and approach
- Deep and demonstrates knowledge of credit structures
- Well-developed and demonstrated credit skills and acumen
- Well-developed and disciplined underwriting skills
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of personal and business financial statements and tax returns
- Ability to manage a complex workflow
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Client satisfaction
- Demonstrates ability to work independently
- Demonstrates ability to provide client solutions
- Demonstrates ability to prospect new client relationships
- Demonstrates ability to coach and mentor other team members
- Deep and demonstrated knowledge of bank products and services
- Expert in building, advising and managing client relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and client services skills
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base wages and comprehensive benefits. The pay range for this role is $86,000 - $172,800, and the pay rate for the selected candidate is dependent upon a variety of non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, education, and geographic location. The role may be eligible for performance-based incentive compensation and those details will be provided during the recruitment process.
We offer eligible associates comprehensive healthcare coverage (medical, dental, and vision plans), a 401(k)-retirement savings plan with employer match for qualifying associate contributions, an employee assistance program, life insurance, disability insurance, tuition assistance, mental health resources, identity theft protection, legal support, auto and home insurance, pet insurance, access to an online discount marketplace, and paid vacation, sick days, volunteer days, and holidays. Benefit eligibility begins the first day of the month following the date of hire for associates who are regularly scheduled to work at least thirty hours weekly.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Umpqua Bank is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to employing, engaging, and developing a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other applicable protected status or characteristics. If you require an accommodation to complete the application or interview(s), please let us know by email: [email protected]
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:
Our posted job opportunities are only intended for individuals seeking employment at Umpqua Bank. Umpqua Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies and Umpqua Bank will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resume submissions. Staffing and recruiting agencies are not authorized to submit profiles, applications, or resumes to this site or to any Umpqua Bank employee and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited unless requested directly by a member of the Talent Acquisition team.