Assistant Branch Manager
Umpqua Bank is a publicly traded financial holdings company, headquartered in the Pacific Northwest with 6,000+ employees, which offers banking services to customers throughout the nation. It’s an especially exciting time to join our team as, following the recent merger with Columbia Bank, we have grown to become a leading western-based regional bank with more than $50B in assets under management and an unwavering commitment to our associates, our customers, and our communities.
We create a great place to work by offering a special brand of relationship banking and by providing a culture where associates thrive. Associates who embody our core values fit in well here and we are eager to meet candidates who demonstrate behaviors that align with Trust, Ownership, Growth, Empathy, Teamwork, Heart, Enjoyment, and Relationships.
About the Role:
This position works closely with the branch manager to attain branch- and Bank-established goals. Manages a team responsible for exceptional customer service standards along with operational soundness and generating revenue for the branch and Bank.
- Act as back up to personal banking team to open new accounts, receive loan requests and gather credit-related information.
- Ensure the branch is operationally sound.
- Ensure that the client service specialists are trained and competent in explaining all products and services offered.
- Monitor sales and service goals.
- Process and oversee technical tasks such as opening and closing of the branch, overdraft monitoring, wire transfers and collections, stop payments, and monitoring branch controls.
- Routinely and consistently provide guidance and training to branch team.
- Resolve conflicts unassisted.
- May back up new accounts.
- May back up client service specialist line.
- Pass personal banking training.
- Responsible for satisfactory audits.
- Actively contribute to employee management and training.
- Frequently service complex accounts.
- Actively coach and mentor team to deepen customer relations.
- Begin to independently engage in business development.
- Independently oversee client service specialists.
- May independently oversee personal bankers or collaborate with branch manager to do so.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Four years of retail banking experience or equivalent transferrable skills and experience.
- Two years of management or supervisory experience.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and any banking software used in the branch.
- Training and mentoring skills.
- Customer-focused service and sales skills.
- Understand consumer and small business lending.
- Overall knowledge of bank operations.
- Previous client service specialist experience.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base wages and comprehensive benefits. The pay range for this role is $24.09 to $33.65, and the pay rate for the selected candidate is dependent upon a variety of non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, education, and geographic location. The role may be eligible for performance-based incentive compensation and those details will be provided during the recruitment process.
We offer eligible associates comprehensive healthcare coverage (medical, dental, and vision plans), a 401(k)-retirement savings plan with employer match for qualifying associate contributions, an employee assistance program, life insurance, disability insurance, tuition assistance, mental health resources, identity theft protection, legal support, auto and home insurance, pet insurance, access to an online discount marketplace, and paid vacation, sick days, volunteer days, and holidays. Benefit eligibility begins the first day of the month following the date of hire for associates who are regularly scheduled to work at least thirty hours weekly.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Umpqua Bank is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to employing, engaging, and developing a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other applicable protected status or characteristics. If you require an accommodation to complete the application or interview(s), please let us know by email: [email protected]
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:
Our posted job opportunities are only intended for individuals seeking employment at Umpqua Bank. Umpqua Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies and Umpqua Bank will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resume submissions. Staffing and recruiting agencies are not authorized to submit profiles, applications, or resumes to this site or to any Umpqua Bank employee and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited unless requested directly by a member of the Talent Acquisition team.