Loan Support Services Manager
Umpqua Bank is a publicly traded financial holdings company, headquartered in the Pacific Northwest with 6,000+ employees, which offers banking services to customers throughout the nation. It’s an especially exciting time to join our team as, following the recent merger with Columbia Bank, we have grown to become a leading western-based regional bank with more than $50B in assets under management and an unwavering commitment to our associates, our customers, and our communities.
We create a great place to work by offering a special brand of relationship banking and by providing a culture where associates thrive. Associates who embody our core values fit in well here and we are eager to meet candidates who demonstrate behaviors that align with Trust, Ownership, Growth, Empathy, Teamwork, Heart, Enjoyment, and Relationships.
About the Role:
Provides organizational leadership and management to a team of professionals within loan servicing. Provides technical advice to team and is responsible for maintaining a high level of accuracy within the department. Ensures operational processes are designed to achieve the highest level of customer service. Recommend, formulate, and implement new loan operation policies and procedures. Maintain the integrity of the loan portfolio for designated areas.
- Provide input into the design, implementation, and maintenance of systems to ensure efficient and accurate daily operations. Manage department to ensure minimal servicing costs while achieving high standards for quality and service. Design and implement continuous improvement practices.
- Provide input into the department budget and monitor operational expenses in conjunction with manager. Perform regular department assessments to identify potential problem areas and develop a plan of action to implement corrective measures in response to findings.
- Oversee functional department and ensure the updating and compliance of procedures, policies, regulations and guidelines. Supervise vendor relationships for products and services that relate to loan operations and systems.
- Monitor workflow of daily operations for specified department within Loan Support Services to ensure efficiency. Interacts with associates and monitors development to include coaching and performance review.
- Manages the work efforts of supervisors/individual contributors using established guidelines, procedures and policies. Responsible for hiring, firing, performance appraisals and pay reviews. Makes decision based on area objectives as well as company policies and procedures.
- Maintain appropriate security and privacy standards and systems to ensure adequate protection for the bank and its customers. Implement necessary regulatory compliance in designated areas.
- Responsible for minimizing risk and exposure by ensuring teams abide by all state and federal laws. Maintain accurate accounting processes and ensure loan files are perfected and maintained in a manner consistent with bank policy, as well as safe and sound banking practices.
- Analyze loan support processes to ensure regulations are fully adhered to. Ensure policies and procedures are documented, compliant, and updated. Responsible for implementing corrective measures in response to internal and external examination/review findings.
- Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to your position and keep up to date on regulation changes.
- Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security, and other regulations that apply to your position
- May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
- 4-7 years of lending industry or bank oeprations experience preferred
- 4-7 years of supervisory/management experience required
- Knowledge of increasingly complex loan documentation, structuring, and servicing procedures as well as state, federal, investor, and bank policies, guidelines, and regulations. Credit requirement analysis skills required.
- Possess strong leadership, organizational, problem solving, interpersonal, analytical, decision making, motivational, and customer service skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Demonstrate planning, project management, and continuous improvement development skills. May require advanced systems design, development, and management experience.
- Knowledge of operational process improvement methods, project management, and banking technology.
- Advanced proficiency in loan origination (LaserPro preferred), banking systems, and commercial/installment loan application software. Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet software (Word and Excel preferred).
- Knowledge of the bank's loan policies and internal control procedures.
- Ability to provide accurate, detailed results in a high pressure, goal oriented environment.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base wages and comprehensive benefits. The pay range for this role is $56,230 - $116,292, and the pay rate for the selected candidate is dependent upon a variety of non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, education, and geographic location. The role may be eligible for performance-based incentive compensation and those details will be provided during the recruitment process.
We offer eligible associates comprehensive healthcare coverage (medical, dental, and vision plans), a 401(k)-retirement savings plan with employer match for qualifying associate contributions, an employee assistance program, life insurance, disability insurance, tuition assistance, mental health resources, identity theft protection, legal support, auto and home insurance, pet insurance, access to an online discount marketplace, and paid vacation, sick days, volunteer days, and holidays. Benefit eligibility begins the first day of the month following the date of hire for associates who are regularly scheduled to work at least thirty hours weekly.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Umpqua Bank is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to employing, engaging, and developing a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other applicable protected status or characteristics. If you require an accommodation to complete the application or interview(s), please let us know by email: [email protected]
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:
Our posted job opportunities are only intended for individuals seeking employment at Umpqua Bank. Umpqua Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies and Umpqua Bank will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resume submissions. Staffing and recruiting agencies are not authorized to submit profiles, applications, or resumes to this site or to any Umpqua Bank employee and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited unless requested directly by a member of the Talent Acquisition team.