Private Bank Relationship Mgr. - Portland
Umpqua Bank is a publicly traded financial holdings company which offers banking, lending, and wealth management services to our personal, business, and commercial customers. Headquartered in Lake Oswego, Oregon with 4,000+ employees and operations across Oregon, Washington, California, Idaho, Arizona, Colorado, and Nevada. It’s an especially exciting time to join our team as, upon the completion of the merger with Columbia Bank, we grow to become a leading western regional bank with more than $50B in assets under management and an unwavering commitment to our associates, our customers, and our communities.
About the Role:
Pursues business development opportunities to establish, maintain, and build relationships with high net worth clients. Manages client relationships, monitors credit quality of loans and manages multifaceted asset management portfolios to meet client complex client financial needs. This level requires expertise in simple to intermediate estate planning, tax planning, and advanced investment management.
- Develop new relations externally through referrals from clients and Center of Influences, personal community involvement and from internal partners.
- Profile across the full spectrum of needs of Private Bank (PB) target clients and provide tailored advice in collaboration with the client team. Utilize planning capabilities and develop solutions across investments, trust and wealth transfer, credit, deposit and other appropriate services.
- Manage relationships by leading the client team in planning, delivery and regular review with clients. Deliver a high degree of personal contact and open communication with clients and internal team that creates a superior client experience. Proactively communicate with clients about current conditions in the financial markets and necessary adjustments to their investment strategies and holdings consistent with Umpqua Private Bank perspectives.
- Analyze financial needs of clients and monitor their ongoing financial and personal circumstances to make adjustments or take action accordingly.
- Identify additional opportunities from existing clients and leverage all resources and other colleagues to successfully become the client’s lead or sole provider.
- Work with the Private Banker and other members of the Client Team to ensure preparation of all presentation and review materials.
- Keep current on client’s financial information while ensuring that clients understand the solutions being provided (including terms and conditions for any and all solutions provided).
- Communicate in a timely and proactive manner with clients and with all risk areas, especially the Credit team when there is a borrowing relationship.
- Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities – knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
- Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
- May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Master's Degree
- 7-10 years of experience in the financial services industry.Required
- Proven business development, relationship and portfolio management, private banking, and wealth management skills.
- Intermediate estate planning, tax, advanced investment management skills.
- Extensive credit and analytical skills with ability to manage the most complex portfolios and knowledge of bank products and services.
- Involved in community organizations.
- Ability to train and present to small and large audiences of senior and executive level professionals.
- This position requires you to act as a Bank MLO, which is defined as an individual authorized by the Bank to take mortgage loan applications, offer a mortgage, arrange a mortgage, assist a consumer in obtaining or applying to obtain a mortgage, negotiate a mortgage, otherwise obtain or make a mortgage for another person, represent to the public (through advertising or other means of communication) that such person can or will perform any of these activities, or refer a consumer to a loan originator (Note: Except those employees of the Bank who do not discuss particular credit terms available and do not refer the consumer, based on the employee’s assessment of the consumer’s financial characteristics to a particular Bank MLO) for compensation or gain. All MLOs will be required to register as an MLO complying with the SAFE Act requirements.
- This position IS NOT authorized to act as a Bank Closed-End MLO, which is defined as any position designated to perform the activities of a Bank MLO for closed-end transactions, and therefore this position is limited in acting as a Bank MLO for open-ended transactions (i.e., home equity lines of credit) only.
- CWS or AWMA requirement waived if already holds one of the following: CFP, CIMA, CPWA, ChFC, CTFA, CPA or CFA. Required
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base wages and comprehensive benefits. The pay range for this role is $73,710.00-$149,466.00, and the pay rate for the selected candidate is dependent upon a variety of non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, education, and geographic location. The role may be eligible for performance-based incentive compensation and those details will be provided during the recruitment process.
We offer eligible associates comprehensive healthcare coverage (medical, dental, and vision plans), a 401(k)-retirement savings plan with employer match for qualifying associate contributions, an employee assistance program, life insurance, disability insurance, tuition assistance, mental health resources, identity theft protection, legal support, auto and home insurance, pet insurance, access to an online discount marketplace, and paid vacation, sick days, volunteer days, and holidays. Benefit eligibility begins the first day of the month following the date of hire for associates who are regularly scheduled to work at least thirty hours weekly.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Umpqua Bank is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to employing, engaging, and developing a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other applicable protected status or characteristics. If you require an accommodation to complete the application or interview(s), please let us know by email: [email protected]
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:
Our posted job opportunities are only intended for individuals seeking employment at Umpqua Bank. Umpqua Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies and Umpqua Bank will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resume submissions. Staffing and recruiting agencies are not authorized to submit profiles, applications, or resumes to this site or to any Umpqua Bank employee and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited unless requested directly by a member of the Talent Acquisition team.