Senior Middle Market Relationship Manager - San Diego
Umpqua Bank is a publicly traded financial holdings company which offers banking, lending, and wealth management services to our personal, business, and commercial customers. Headquartered in Lake Oswego, Oregon with 4,000+ employees and operations across Oregon, Washington, California, Idaho, Arizona, Colorado, and Nevada. It’s an especially exciting time to join our team as, upon the completion of the merger with Columbia Bank, we grow to become a leading western regional bank with more than $50B in assets under management and an unwavering commitment to our associates, our customers, and our communities.
About the Role:
In this role, you will serve as the relationship manager for large and complex middle-market commercial clients. You will build and maintain a "trusted advisor" relationship with clients based on knowledgeable advice that is aligned to the clients' business objectives, lifecycle. You will target, prospect, compete for, earn, and maintain/protect new middle-market banking relationships as your primary focus. In doing this, you will drive market share and revenue growth through profitable, quality commercial credit & complete banking relationships.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to clients & prospects. Differentiate through the expertise, customized approach, and client-experience provided to commercial middle-market clients & prospects.
- Develop & execute on focused strategies for acquiring, retaining, and growing select clients.
- Champion, organize, and lead business development efforts on clients/prospects. Drive a focused business development effort by developing a clear and holistic understanding of the client's/prospect's business/industry. Partner with the client as a financial strategist and share a skilled financial perspective. Prepare for client reviews, identifying opportunities for presenting unsolicited solutions/advice. Leverage Umpqua Bank’s ‘team approach’ to deliver complete banking relationships solving for lending, cash-cycle, depository, and other specific needs.
- Assemble and lead cross-functional team to quickly respond to customer request. Utilize team of experts to creatively present the full breadth of the bank.
- Maintain active prospecting effort including but not limited to identification, qualification and calling. Effectively balance prospecting (e.g. market share expansion) efforts and quality client retention/service responsibilities.
- Maximize established referral network and continue to expand this network.
- Identify relationship-expansion opportunities and collaborate with partners to structure, coordinate and fulfill credit and non-credit solutions.
- Be a client advocate. Anticipate and solve for internal processes/obstacles for the client with a sense of urgency. Consistently find the right way to get things done for the client.
- Lead and drive a culture of creative and strategic thinking to arrive at multiple potential ways to achieve client goals.
- Maximize profitability of assigned portfolio by effectively selling the differentiated value and solutions Umpqua provides.
- Analyze credit to determine the ability of customers and prospective customers to qualify for ensuing borrowing requirements.
- Follow-up on current loans to ensure compliance with internal procedures and other required terms.
- Study industrial, commercial, economic and financial situations relating to new or existing business.
- Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to your position, and keep up to date on regulation changes.
- Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations that apply to your position.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or related field, or equivalent experience; Master's Degree or MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of relevant commercial lending experience and proven track record of exceeding performance in developing business in the commercial industry. 5+ year of high performance experience with clients with sales over $25 million preferred.
- Proven track record of success and skills in developing new clients and business, including prospecting, sourcing and networking.
- Experience working in relationship management teams with a proven understanding of the importance of balancing business development and asset quality.
- Extensive knowledge of bank products.
- Excellent relationship management and business development abilities, analytical and problem-solving skills, sales skills, and credit and credit quality skills.
- Expert credit analysis and commercial underwriting skills, including accounting, financial statement and cash flow analysis experience.
- Expert knowledge of commercial lending policies, procedures, practices and documentation.
- Partners effectively with senior credit officers.
- Thorough knowledge of bank's risk-rating system, credit products and underwriting policies. Exceptional working knowledge with structuring credit products to middle market business in diverse industries with complex ownership structures.
- Experience with syndications, asset-based lending, capital structure finance, leveraged lending, enterprise value lending, and trade finance.
- Experience with underwriting and/or managing Shared National Credits (SNC).
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base wages and comprehensive benefits. The pay range for this role is $110,100.00 to $246,431.00, and the pay rate for the selected candidate is dependent upon a variety of non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, education, and geographic location. The role may be eligible for performance-based incentive compensation and those details will be provided during the recruitment process.
We offer eligible associates comprehensive healthcare coverage (medical, dental, and vision plans), a 401(k)-retirement savings plan with employer match for qualifying associate contributions, an employee assistance program, life insurance, disability insurance, tuition assistance, mental health resources, identity theft protection, legal support, auto and home insurance, pet insurance, access to an online discount marketplace, and paid vacation, sick days, volunteer days, and holidays. Benefit eligibility begins the first day of the month following the date of hire for associates who are regularly scheduled to work at least thirty hours weekly.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Umpqua Bank is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to employing, engaging, and developing a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other applicable protected status or characteristics. If you require an accommodation to complete the application or interview(s), please let us know by email: [email protected]
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:
Our posted job opportunities are only intended for individuals seeking employment at Umpqua Bank. Umpqua Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies and Umpqua Bank will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resume submissions. Staffing and recruiting agencies are not authorized to submit profiles, applications, or resumes to this site or to any Umpqua Bank employee and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited unless requested directly by a member of the Talent Acquisition team.