Commercial Banking Specialist
Umpqua Bank is a publicly traded financial holdings company, headquartered in the Pacific Northwest with 6,000+ employees, which offers banking services to customers throughout the nation. It’s an especially exciting time to join our team as, following the recent merger with Columbia Bank, we have grown to become a leading western-based regional bank with more than $50B in assets under management and an unwavering commitment to our associates, our customers, and our communities.
We create a great place to work by offering a special brand of relationship banking and by providing a culture where associates thrive. Associates who embody our core values fit in well here and we are eager to meet candidates who demonstrate behaviors that align with Trust, Ownership, Growth, Empathy, Teamwork, Heart, Enjoyment, and Relationships.
About the Role:
In this role, you will work closely with relationship managers to attain team- and department-established goals. Commercial banking specialists also provide exceptional customer service along with operational soundness while being active in generating revenue for the department.
· Learn the entire loan origination to loan disbursement process while maintaining high-quality client service.
· Provide dedicated support to relationship managers for inquiries and/or research needed to enhance, develop, and maintain customer relationships.
· Maintain high-quality customer service while providing assistance for clients on all bank services.
· Assist in providing proactive solutions and problem resolution for clients and peers.
· Learn to identify potential referral opportunities and refer all relevant bank and investment needs to a relationship manager to assist the client reach their financial objectives.
· Use loan origination software and bank core systems.
· Learni all loan documents.
· Regularly review and maintain loan reports and request updates of financial information for loan renewals and new loan requests.
· Other duties as assigned.
· All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
· Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to your position and keep up to date on regulation changes.
· Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security, and other regulations that apply to your position
· May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
· High school GED or equivalent.
· Associate’s or bachelor’s degree, preferred.
· Prior experience in financial institution or other relevant experience.
· High level of accountability and responsibility for achieving both personal and bank-established goals.
· Prioritization and time management skills.
· Able to develop a full understanding of cross-selling opportunities across the Bank.
· Ability to present oneself in a professional manner.
· Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal skills, and client services skills.
· Ability to work within a team culture in a constantly changing business environment.
· Self-starter and willing to accept additional responsibilities as the opportunities arise.
· Basic knowledge computer knowledge including Microsoft Office and any banking software used in the department.
· Developing knowledge of how to process loans.
· Attention to detail.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base wages and comprehensive benefits. The pay range for this role is $19.08 -$23.08, and the pay rate for the selected candidate is dependent upon a variety of non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, education, and geographic location. The role may be eligible for performance-based incentive compensation and those details will be provided during the recruitment process.
We offer eligible associates comprehensive healthcare coverage (medical, dental, and vision plans), a 401(k)-retirement savings plan with employer match for qualifying associate contributions, an employee assistance program, life insurance, disability insurance, tuition assistance, mental health resources, identity theft protection, legal support, auto and home insurance, pet insurance, access to an online discount marketplace, and paid vacation, sick days, volunteer days, and holidays. Benefit eligibility begins the first day of the month following the date of hire for associates who are regularly scheduled to work at least thirty hours weekly.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Umpqua Bank is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to employing, engaging, and developing a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other applicable protected status or characteristics. If you require an accommodation to complete the application or interview(s), please let us know by email: [email protected]
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:
Our posted job opportunities are only intended for individuals seeking employment at Umpqua Bank. Umpqua Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies and Umpqua Bank will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resume submissions. Staffing and recruiting agencies are not authorized to submit profiles, applications, or resumes to this site or to any Umpqua Bank employee and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited unless requested directly by a member of the Talent Acquisition team.