Commercial Loan Support Specialist - General Ledger
Umpqua Bank is a publicly traded financial holdings company, headquartered in the Pacific Northwest with 6,000+ employees, which offers banking services to customers throughout the nation. It’s an especially exciting time to join our team as, following the recent merger with Columbia Bank, we have grown to become a leading western-based regional bank with more than $50B in assets under management and an unwavering commitment to our associates, our customers, and our communities.
We create a great place to work by offering a special brand of relationship banking and by providing a culture where associates thrive. Associates who embody our core values fit in well here and we are eager to meet candidates who demonstrate behaviors that align with Trust, Ownership, Growth, Empathy, Teamwork, Heart, Enjoyment, and Relationships.
About the Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for commercial loan servicing within an environment of high work volumes and established deadlines. Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where independent action and a high degree of initiative are required in resolving problems and developing recommendations. Independently handles servicing and production tasks requiring knowledge of commercial lending documents, policies, and procedures. Frequently acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Perform loan-servicing activities such as system maintenance to document or release loan collateral, collateral follow-up for lien perfection or release, insurance, tax and escrow monitoring.
- Maintain electronic images of all documents produced and provide documents when requested to various departments within the business area.
- Responsible for understanding complex commercial loan products and documentation, regulation, policy and procedure changes and apply changes to work process.
- Identify and resolve exceptions through monitoring of system output.
- Perform work accurately and within assigned deadlines.
- Responsible for providing outstanding customer service; respond to requests and make recommendations to internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to your position and keep up to date on regulation changes.
- Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security, and other regulations that apply to your position.
- High school diploma/GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in commercial loan servicing or equivalent experience.
- Possess advanced knowledge of commercial loans, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrated excellent math, analytical, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills.
- Possess working knowledge of commercial loans, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Proficient use of computer software including Word, Excel, loan servicing systems and other office equipment.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base wages and comprehensive benefits. The pay range for this role is $20.25 to $28.19, and the pay rate for the selected candidate is dependent upon a variety of non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, education, and geographic location. The role may be eligible for performance-based incentive compensation and those details will be provided during the recruitment process.
We offer eligible associates comprehensive healthcare coverage (medical, dental, and vision plans), a 401(k)-retirement savings plan with employer match for qualifying associate contributions, an employee assistance program, life insurance, disability insurance, tuition assistance, mental health resources, identity theft protection, legal support, auto and home insurance, pet insurance, access to an online discount marketplace, and paid vacation, sick days, volunteer days, and holidays. Benefit eligibility begins the first day of the month following the date of hire for associates who are regularly scheduled to work at least thirty hours weekly.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Umpqua Bank is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to employing, engaging, and developing a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other applicable protected status or characteristics. If you require an accommodation to complete the application or interview(s), please let us know by email: [email protected]
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:
Our posted job opportunities are only intended for individuals seeking employment at Umpqua Bank. Umpqua Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies and Umpqua Bank will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resume submissions. Staffing and recruiting agencies are not authorized to submit profiles, applications, or resumes to this site or to any Umpqua Bank employee and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited unless requested directly by a member of the Talent Acquisition team.