Middle Market Relationship Manager II
Umpqua Bank is a publicly traded financial holdings company which offers banking, lending, and wealth management services to our personal, business, and commercial customers. Headquartered in Lake Oswego, Oregon with 4,000+ employees and operations across Oregon, Washington, California, Idaho, Arizona, Colorado, and Nevada. It’s an especially exciting time to join our team as, upon the completion of the merger with Columbia Bank, we grow to become a leading western regional bank with more than $50B in assets under management and an unwavering commitment to our associates, our customers, and our communities.
About the Role:
In this role, you will serve as the key banking relationship manager for assigned middle market client relationships. You will be accountable for prospecting new business and working with Client Solution Managers to deepen client relationships. You will maintain a "trusted advisor" role, engaging in dialogue with Executive-level client contacts to assess holistic banking needs and to provide customized banking insights and solutions. In addition, you’ll drive financial performance through profitable revenue and growth and quality credit. At this level, the relationship manager, you will generally support a portfolio of mid-size middle market clients with $25MM or more in annual revenue, with varying levels of complexity.
- Identify, attract, and secures new Middle Market relationships to grow bank's Commercial and Industrial (C&I) market share. You will achieve individual production goals for loans, deposits and core fee income, to support the bank in achieving its overall financial targets.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to clients, function as the Middle Market client “expert” in providing differentiating consult, ideas, and options. You’ll champion and lead business development efforts by developing a clear and holistic understanding of the client’s or prospect’s business and industry. You will perform client reviews to ensure the bank provides relevant solutions as clients grow and adapt.
- Develop focused strategies for acquiring, retaining, and growing select clients.
- Develop and maximize established referral network. You will proactively prospect for new clients and identify ways to expand existing relationships in collaboration with Client Solutions Manager and internal partners. You will identify opportunities and partner to structure, coordinate and sponsor credit and non-credit solutions.
- Partner, with the Client Solutions Manager, to assemble and lead cross-functional team to quickly respond to customer request and identified needs. You’ll utilize team of experts to creatively present the full breadth of the bank.
- Maintain active prospecting effort and pipeline for consistent production.
- Study Middle Market Industrial, economic, and financial, situations relating to new or existing business as part of prudent business development, and portfolio management disciplines.
- Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to your position and keep up to date on regulation changes.
- Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security, and other regulations that apply to your position.
- May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA), or related field of study.
- Less than 2 years serving Middle Market clients with $15MM+ annual revenue.
- 7-10 years of relevant commercial banking experience and/or proven track record of exceeding performance in developing business in the commercial industry.
- Proven track record of success in developing new business, growing market share and establishing/growing a quality supportive network.
- Experience working in relationship management teams with a proven understanding of the importance of balancing business development and asset quality. Proven ability to constructively work within (lead) a team in effort to deliver holistic, customize banking relationships.
- Advanced credit acumen (accounting, financial statement, understanding business and understanding of operational cash flow) with the ability to support more complex deals. Working knowledge of the bank’s systems and policies applicable to underwriting and portfolio management.
- Confirmed superior client relationship and internal partnering skills. Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups across the company to manage customer relationships.
- Ability to deliver holistic solutions that are both saleable to client and provide adequate risk management for Bank.
- Excellent relationship management and business development abilities.Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Middle Market lending policies, procedures, practices, and documentation.
- Ability to train and present to small and large audiences.
- Ability to negotiate/collaborate with Senior Credit Officers on credit terms and structures.
- Possess strong computer skills including use of the Microsoft Office suite with the ability to learn new business software, as needed.
- As applicable, experience with syndications, asset-based lending, capital structure finance, leveraged lending, trade finance and/or other specialty lending.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base wages and comprehensive benefits. The pay range for this role is $96,890.00 - $196,037.00 and the pay rate for the selected candidate is dependent upon a variety of non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, education, and geographic location. The role may be eligible for performance-based incentive compensation and those details will be provided during the recruitment process.
We offer eligible associates comprehensive healthcare coverage (medical, dental, and vision plans), a 401(k)-retirement savings plan with employer match for qualifying associate contributions, an employee assistance program, life insurance, disability insurance, tuition assistance, mental health resources, identity theft protection, legal support, auto and home insurance, pet insurance, access to an online discount marketplace, and paid vacation, sick days, volunteer days, and holidays. Benefit eligibility begins the first day of the month following the date of hire for associates who are regularly scheduled to work at least thirty hours weekly.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Umpqua Bank is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to employing, engaging, and developing a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other applicable protected status or characteristics. If you require an accommodation to complete the application or interview(s), please let us know by email: [email protected]
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:
Our posted job opportunities are only intended for individuals seeking employment at Umpqua Bank. Umpqua Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies and Umpqua Bank will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resume submissions. Staffing and recruiting agencies are not authorized to submit profiles, applications, or resumes to this site or to any Umpqua Bank employee and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited unless requested directly by a member of the Talent Acquisition team.