Telecommunications Field Tester
umlaut is a 4500+ people strong global full-service cross industry end-to-end partner that applies its deep-running interdisciplinary, collaborative advisory and fulfilment capabilities to change its clients fortunes for the better and - on top of that - add value, quality and focus to their organisations and produce.
- Provide field testing support for mobile devices on live networks in a mobile and/or stationary CDMA, GSM, UMTS, LTE, 5G NR, Carrier Aggregation, WIFI environments.
- Understanding of 3GPP and 3GPP2 standards
- Testing of mobile devices of varying operating systems.
- Testing of mobile applications.
- Perform feature testing such as SMS, MMS, GPS, VoLTE, VoWiFi.
- Use logging tools to collect the data from the field to be analyzed by others
- Review logs to determine pass fail based on test case criteria
- Perform desktop and web based software/hardware testing
- Perform E2E scenarios for core device functionalities; testing may include objective functionality or subjective usability
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications or Computer Science is required.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in telecommunications or related industry
- Candidate must be technically sound, detail oriented with strong troubleshooting skills, proficient in analytical thinking
- Fundamental knowledge of mobile network technology
- Fundamental knowledge of RF technology and RF test equipment
- CDMA, GSM, LTE, protocols including first level log analysis is preferred
- Proficient in computer applications including presentation software, databases, spreadsheets, and word processing
- Experience in a development or using network simulators for parametric testing is preferred
- Transport devices or test equipment to/from office(s) and client sites
- Must be capable of domestic and international travel and up to 80% travel on as need basis
- Must be willing to work varying shifts, weekend, holidays or long hours based on project need
top 5 reasöns
- An entrepreneurial environment with immediate responsibility and a chance to make a difference from the word go
- Innovative projects with big name clients and exposure to future, cutting edge technologies
- Unlimited individual growth opportunities and the ability to create a personalised career path
- Access to a global network with opportunities to live and work abroad
- All the support, training and coaching you need to further your career
- +X. A team spirit and family-like culture as exciting and colourful as our gradient coloured coffee marshmallows