HR Generalist - Immigration Specialist
- Execute on high volumes of U.S. immigration case status, potential additional available options, including displacement or transfer strategies, by working closely with employees, their managers and Business Unit Leads, external counsel, and other leaders.
- Serve as a point of contact to provide holistic and consultative services on available immigration options, internal guidelines, and/or education on new or changing policies.
- Work with others on the immigration team to support large scale projects, including writing or deploying communications, executing case filing strategies with outside immigration partners, providing dashboards to stakeholders on a project or program progress.
- Assist and collaborate on various Human Resources plans, policies, and procedures while improving overall effectiveness for the company.
- Maintain accurate employee related databases and prepares periodic reports for management as necessary or requested; Maintain all employee related files in accordance with all legal requirements.
- Support and resolve complex employee relations issues while conducting workplace investigations & documents appropriately. Provide support to employees through conflict resolution, disciplinary action and performance improvement plans.
- Collaborate with management and employees to improve communications, enhance working relationships, and build company morale
- Regularly review and analyze changes in state and federal laws and regulations and provide suggestions, as needed
- Proactively participate on various projects as part of the HR functional goals/objectives.
- Ability to assist with payroll administration.
- Provide assistance in administering employee benefit programs.
- Responsible for processing and updating employee changes in HRIS system.
- Utilize new hire orientation and take part in onboarding processes to promote employee engagement and retention.
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Business Administration, or related field
- At least 2+ years of professional HR experience
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations. Good understanding of California state law
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office products and HRIS systems.
- Prior Workday experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to handle sensitive information in a professional manner.
top 5 reasöns
- An entrepreneurial environment with immediate responsibility and a chance to make a difference from the word go
- Innovative projects with big name clients and exposure to future, cutting edge technologies
- Unlimited individual growth opportunities and the ability to create a personalized career path
- Access to a global network with opportunities to live and work abroad
- All the support, training and coaching you need to further your career
- +X. A team spirit and family-like culture as exciting and colorful as our gradient colored coffee marshmallows
umlaut is a 4500+ people strong global full-service cross industry end-to-end partner that applies its deep-running interdisciplinary, collaborative advisory and fulfilment capabilities to change its clients fortunes for the better and - on top of that - add value, quality and focus to their organisations and produce.