Structure Section Chief - Project Engineer
üs:umlaut is a 4500 people strong global full-service cross industry end-to-end partner that applies its deep-running interdisciplinary, collaborative advisory and fulfilment capabilities to change its clients fortunes for the better and - on top of that - add value, quality and focus to their organisations and produce.
- Be responsible for supervising an engineering team in charge of ensuring the technical integration of the aircraft structural workpackages
- Lead Integrated Product Development Teams, including suppliers responsible for the various workpackages, to ensure all engineering activities are carried out in time and in quality. These include new development as well as support to manufacturing, delivery and in service aircrafts
- Manage priorities of the team, ensure adherence to change management plans and implement recovery plans to ensure deadlines are met
- Work closely with other functions and department such as Program Office, Methods, Airworthiness, Production, Logistics and Quality
- Communicate and arbitrate between various function needs on a technical level to resolve issues and ensure proper escalation as required
- Be responsible for continuous improvement in your sector
- Work towards reducing non-quality and improving processes
- Evaluate employees and support employees' development plans.
- You hold a Bachelor's degree or a College Technical degree in Engineering, Aerospace or equivalent
- You have a minimum of 5 years' experience in supervision
- You show very strong leadership skills, judgment, flexibility, and are able to work with minimum supervision
- You have a great deal of initiative and a passion to be part of a winning team, and you have strong team work skills
- You demonstrate good communication skills, and you have a good level of French and English languages (oral and written)
- You are results oriented, able to meet tight deadlines and comfortable to work under pressure, and you have a sense of urgency
- You have the ability to put in place quality processes to ensure on time delivery, with clear and common objectives
- You demonstrate an active participation in governance.
top 6 reasöns
- Permanent contract + annual bonus + health insurance 80% payed + retirement plan + 4 weeks paid vacations
- An entrepreneurial environment with immediate responsibility and a chance to make a difference from the word go
- Innovative projects with big name clients and exposure to future, cutting edge technologies
- Unlimited individual growth opportunities and the ability to create a personalized career path
- Access to a global network with opportunities to live and work abroad
- All the support, training and coaching you need to further your career
Umlaut operates an equal access program and invites women, ethnic and visible minorities, indigenous people and people with disabilities to apply.
The masculine gender is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of simplifying this text.
We treat all applications confidentially.
Thank you for your interest in this position. However, we will only contact those who have been selected.