Materials and Processes Engineer
umlaut is a 4500+ people strong global full-service cross industry end-to-end partner that applies its deep-running interdisciplinary, collaborative advisory and fulfilment capabilities to change its clients fortunes for the better and - on top of that - add value, quality and focus to their organisations and produce.
- Lead and perform a diversified range of engineering tasks such as leading cost reduction initiatives, solving part non-conformity issues, production line problems, manage supplier changes etc. as part of the Materials and Processes Engineering team
- Lead development of test plans, work with internal and external laboratories, analyze results and review/approve test reports and specifications
- Support review & approval of Materials & Processes Specifications on Completion Technologies and associated Qualified Product Library
- Manage R&D projects, support re-design activities, investigate new environmental regulations impacting Completions Technologies
- Handle complex issues, make challenging technical decisions, and provide regular status updates to upper management
- Lead and participate in process optimization and cost reduction initiatives
- Provide technical expertise in different domains
- You have a degree in Mechanical, Materials, Chemical or Aeronautical engineering
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in an aerospace/military production environment
- You have significant knowledge on aircraft interior materials and processes
- You are knowledgeable about typical aerospace industry standards
- You are proficient in engineering design principles and reviewing drawings
- You are adept at solving engineering problems in a production environment and can deal with complex and critical issues independently
- You have excellent communication skills in English (written and oral) and French (oral)
- You must be able to work in a team environment and interact constantly with Senior Management, Engineering Professionals and Technicians
- You are proficient with CATIA V5 and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
top 5 reasöns
- An entrepreneurial environment with immediate responsibility and a chance to make a difference from the word go
- Innovative projects with big name clients and exposure to future, cutting edge technologies
- Unlimited individual growth opportunities and the ability to create a personalized career path
- Access to a global network with opportunities to live and work abroad
- All the support, training and coaching you need to further your career
COVID-19 update: The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.
Please be aware that umlaut requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of employment. umlaut will consider requests for accommodation based on human rights grounds (e.g., medical/disability, religious/creed, other) to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.