Engineer Stress & Design (Structure & Interior)
üs:umlaut is a 4500 people strong global full-service cross industry end-to-end partner that applies its deep-running interdisciplinary, collaborative advisory and fulfilment capabilities to change its clients fortunes for the better and - on top of that - add value, quality and focus to their organisations and produce.
- Work in an Engineering integrated product development team providing Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) expertise for the design, manufacturing and quality control of aerospace components (aircraft structure and interior components).
- Participate in the resolution of design or manufacturing issues related to Dimensional Management (DM);
- Analyze inspection results, draw statistics;
- Develop and maintain necessary Dimensional Management tools and procedures to meet engineering requirements and determine manufacturing process capabilities;
- Develop Dimensional Management action plan, coordinate its implementation and draw conclusions;
- Review supplier drawings, dimensional tolerances, Datum definition, manufacturing processes, process capabilities, tooling philosophy and provides recommendations as needed;
- Review and support the Manufacturing and Quality control processes;
- Support predictive joining analysis, using supplier’s data;
- Maintain a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments in Dimensional Management (DM) field in order to recommend innovations to support production ramp-up and cost reduction initiatives objectives;
- University degree in Aerospace or Mechanical engineering or in a related field;
- A minimum of 5-7 year of experience in Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) on aircraft structure and interior components;
- Good understanding of design, manufacturing and quality processes used in aerospace;
- Great communication skills: can explain complex problem in simple words;
- Able and efficient at managing several projects in parallel;
- You have a high sense of commitment, and a willingness to accept responsibilities while acting independently in a high-pressure and production ramp-up environment;
- You have a practical working experience using Catia V5, Microsoft tools (including VBA module), 3DCS and other metrology software tool;
- You are bilingual (French and English).
- Able to travel to onsite supplier in USA, Europe and Asia
top 6 reasöns
- Permanent contract + annual bonus + health insurance 80% payed + retirement plan + 4 weeks paid vacations
- An entrepreneurial environment with immediate responsibility and a chance to make a difference from the word go
- Innovative projects with big name clients and exposure to future, cutting edge technologies
- Unlimited individual growth opportunities and the ability to create a personalized career path
- Access to a global network with opportunities to live and work abroad
- All the support, training and coaching you need to further your career
Umlaut operates an equal access program and invites women, ethnic and visible minorities, indigenous people and people with disabilities to apply.
The masculine gender is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of simplifying this text.
We treat all applications confidentially.
Thank you for your interest in this position. However, we will only contact those who have been selected.