Field Telecom Technician
- Testing handset software and hardware in live networks in a mobile or stationary CDMA, LTE and/or GSM environment
- Perform field testing (drive testing) in designated test areas for various operators
- Perform feature testing: such as SMS, MMS, Email, Video Chat, etc.
- Use logging tools to collect the data from the field to be analyzed by others
- Testing of devices and applications based on Android, IOS, Microsoft, etc. mobile OSs
- Conduct carrier acceptance tests on equipment in various form factors (smartphones, data only module, M2M and telematics devices, etc.) and at various points of hardware development cycle.
- Perform desktop and web-based software / hardware testing
- Perform E2E scenarios for core device functionalities, testing may include objective functionality or subjective usability
- Set up of a vehicle with test equipment may be requested
- High School Diploma required, College degree preferred.
- Strong Interest in Mobile Devices, Home Automation, and the Internet of Things
- Experience with iOS and Android operating systems, such as Debugging / Development is preferred
- Candidate must have an interest and/or experience in technology, detail oriented, strong troubleshooting skills
- Fundamental knowledge of RF technology and RF test equipment
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Up to 75% travel could be expected; most will be local travel by car but on occasion may be required to travel out of state
- Availability to work weekends and holidays, if needed
- Candidate is expected to sit in a moving vehicle for most of their working shift, from 6 – 8 hours.
- As a condition of employment, you must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen
top 5 reasöns
- An entrepreneurial environment with immediate responsibility and a chance to make a difference from the word go
- Innovative projects with big name clients and exposure to future, cutting edge technologies
- Unlimited individual growth opportunities and the ability to create a personalised career path
- Access to a global network with opportunities to live and work abroad
- All the support, training and coaching you need to further your career
- +X. A team spirit and family-like culture as exciting and colourful as our gradient coloured coffee marshmallows
umlaut is a 4500+ people strong global full-service cross industry end-to-end partner that applies its deep-running interdisciplinary, collaborative advisory and fulfilment capabilities to change its clients fortunes for the better and - on top of that - add value, quality and focus to their organisations and produce.