Test Engineer – Infotainment & Telematics
umlaut is a 4500+ people strong global full-service cross industry end-to-end partner that applies its deep-running interdisciplinary, collaborative advisory and fulfilment capabilities to change its clients fortunes for the better and - on top of that - add value, quality and focus to their organisations and produce.
- Analyze data collected in the test drives and document the performance of the infotainment systems
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Establish and maintain an error reporting database while being aware of objective quality results and improving future infotainment products
- Confirm the functionality of test setups while maintaining the operation of infotainment test benches
- Assist in planning of test locations, test routes, and test cases by applying specifications, user guides, use cases, comparable products, and previous known bugs
- Manage vehicle related tasks including installing parts/ECUs, basic maintenance, etc.
- Perform testing tasks such as look out for features on the roads (like road signs), monitor vehicle parameters, etc.
- Update and create test specifications, ensuring test cases are traceable to requirements
- Playback the collected data files and assist by creating bug lists for failure conditions or use cases
- Perform, test and record results of infotainment features and functions, including using voice recognition in conjunction of these features
- Job location: Waterloo & Ottawa & Windsor
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Computer Science or related field or study
- 2+ years of experience in automotive electronics including Infotainment & Telematics - Speech Dialogue Systems (SDS), Navigation systems, telephone connectivity, Bluetooth, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, Radio and Multimedia
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Experience with major operating systems (Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS)
- Adept in Microsoft Office Products (specifically MS Excel)
- Hands on experience conducting smoke, regression, functional, and sanity tests
- Good understanding of user experience-based infotainment scenarios for vehicle app, navigation, comfort, productivity, entertainment etc from multiple OEMs
- Capable of evaluating infotainment features and suggest improvements
- Well versed with upcoming/trending technologies in the market
top 5 reasöns
- An entrepreneurial environment with immediate responsibility and a chance to make a difference from the word go
- Innovative projects with big name clients and exposure to future, cutting edge technologies
- Unlimited individual growth opportunities and the ability to create a personalized career path
- Access to a global network with opportunities to live and work abroad
- All the support, training and coaching you need to further your career
COVID-19 update: The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.
Please be aware that umlaut requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of employment. umlaut will consider requests for accommodation based on human rights grounds (e.g., medical/disability, religious/creed, other) to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process