Project Manager - Charging Infrastructure
**This position is currently a temporary work from home/remote position. You must be willing to commute or relocate to one of these locations once COVID policies/restrictions are lifted; San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA, Dallas, TX, Detroit, MI, or Seattle, WA.
umlaut is a 4500+ people strong global full-service cross industry end-to-end partner that applies its deep-running interdisciplinary, collaborative advisory and fulfilment capabilities to change its clients fortunes for the better and - on top of that - add value, quality and focus to their organisations and produce.
- Support major player in the EV charging market with strategy advisory, management services and engineering solutions from a technical, economic and regulatory perspective
- Be part of our international team with 250 eMobility experts; expand your knowledge and learn about best practices in other EV leading countries
- Design the future eMobility & charging landscape
- Customer communication, care & acquisition and project development
- Conception & presentation of contributions to expert conferences and symposiums on innovative charging topics
- Work independently in a young & dynamic environment
- Diversified, exciting & innovative customer projects with regard to current issues
- Experiences in managing charging infrastructure deployment in the US market (incl. utility interaction, permitting,...)
- Broad knowledge about player & products in the market (Charge Point Operator, Backend provider, Roaming Platforms, Charging Hardware Manufacturer, Load Management Software, ) and the market structure
- Familiar with trends / upcoming developments and evaluate those (V2G, ISO15118, OCPP 2,0, Wireless Charging, …)
- Benchmarking of player & products
- Experiences in site assessments (site readiness check) and charging site design.
- Expertise in cost and revenue streams associated with the installation & operation of charging infrastructure
- Expertise in Funding programs and subsidies and the application processes
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar. Courses in Business Economics, Engineering Management, Finance or related fields of study are a plus
- 3+ years of experience working in a technical consultancy / engineering firm / Charge Point Operator or Utility in the project business
- You have outstanding social skills, team spirit and strong communication skills.
- Passionate about electric mobility
- You think outside the box and have excellent analytical skills
- Significant experience working and communicating directly with upper level management including C-Level executives
- Willingness to travel up to 80% of the time
- German language skills are a plus
top 5 reasöns
- An entrepreneurial environment with immediate responsibility and a chance to make a difference from the word go
- Innovative projects with big name clients and exposure to future, cutting edge technologies
- Unlimited individual growth opportunities and the ability to create a personalised career path
- Access to a global network with opportunities to live and work abroad
- All the support, training and coaching you need to further your career
- +X. A team spirit and family-like culture as exciting and colourful as our gradient coloured coffee marshmallows