Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition # 193002
Title: Master Black Belt
Department: Performance Improvement
Location: UMass Memorial Health Care – 100 Front St, Worcester, MA.
Partners with the Transformation teams to execute process improvement projects and programs. Responsible for executing Transformation Project work for the UMass Memorial Health Care system and at the direction of the VP of Process Engineering and Analytics and in support of the CEO’s top strategies. Collaborates at all levels of the organization to accomplish the UMMHC enterprise strategic goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technical field, Statistics, Healthcare or Business Administration.
- Certification from a nationally-recognized organization or company in the field of Lean Six Sigma.
- 3-5+ years’ experience as a certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt and leading large-scale cross-functional project teams across multiple industries.
- 10+ years’ experience in facilitating and leading improvement projects including change.
- Advanced ability to conceive and develop a strategic plan and persuade and influence others to execute plan. Advanced analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills
- Project management and program oversight experience.
- Expert knowledge of best practices in the following fields: DMAIC, DMADV, Theory of constraints, Lean, Applied Statistics, Kaizen.
- Minitab and Tableau experience with the ability to teach others.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and articulate key presentations to a broad range of individuals including all key executives. Ability to identify and prioritize key customer issues to be addressed by projects and products.
- Thorough ability to recognize implications of business plans and decisions. Full working knowledge of various software and spreadsheet applications used in process mapping, process design / redesign, and workflow management.
- Superior teamwork skills, both as a leader and a team member, combined with a track record of success. Strong people leadership skills both in direct reporting relationship and matrix-based leadership. Effective change management skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and high level of accountability. Ability to work independently and to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Executes significant projects that align with CEO’s Strategic Priorities for the UMMHC Healthcare System at all levels of the organization.
- Works with Executive leadership to identify key projects and to set priorities.
- Maintains detailed records of all LSS projects.
- Collaborates with transformation program directors/staff to ensure correct project, scope, and resource allocation to enable execution of the overall transformation initiative.
- Collaborates with other team members in overall standards of delivery of project work.
- Consults on Lean and Six Sigma training content and delivery models.
- Provides mentorship and guidance on statistical analysis and tools, and with development of conclusions, and presentations on the information.
- Executes defect analysis and creation of key metrics.
- Develops recommendations to support initiatives, requirements, and sustainment of improvement work.
- Produces project status reports for Transformation executives and executive Stakeholders and ensures on-time in scope delivery of proposed solutions.
- Leads large project work independently.
- Facilitates sessions at all levels for planning, mapping, business process redesign, Kaizen, continuous improvement, lean thinking, cycle time reductions, etc. to simplify and perfect targeted areas.
- Uses knowledge of industrial engineering, process engineering, and theory of constraint best practices in redesigning value streams.
- Acts as a leadership change agent & constructively challenges current thinking/resistance
- Mentors Black Belt candidates as needed.
Standard Staffing Level Responsibilities:
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures and objectives.
- Attends variety of meetings, conferences, seminars as required or directed.
- Demonstrates use of Quality Improvement in daily operations.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations and requirements.
- Respects diverse views and approaches, demonstrates Standards of Respect, and contributes to creating and maintaining an environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance toward all employees, patients and visitors.
- Maintains, regular, reliable, and predictable attendance.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed.
All responsibilities are essential job functions.
We’re striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial – for our patients and for each other. We’re expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.