Requisition #: 203183
Title: Pharmacy Intern
Posting Date: May 12, 2020
Hours: As Needed
Shift Length: 8 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – University Campus
Every other weekend 3P-11:30P, rotating holidays
Position Summary:Under the direct supervision of a pharmacist and technician supervisor, performs medication related tasks such as packaging, preparation of all forms of medications, record keeping, and all aspects of drug distribution. As competency allows, may assist the pharmacist in specific functions requiring judgment based on appropriate pharmacist oversight.
- Reviews, evaluates and clarifies physician medication orders.
- Processes orders using pharmacy computer system. Delivers patient medications to patient’s rooms and medication room areas.
- Checks for accuracy of all drugs assembled or prepared by pharmacy technicians, prior to release for distribution.
- Assembles, prepares, and delivers, as necessary, drugs to patient care areas.
- Reviews physician orders and interacts with physicians and nurses, as necessary, relative to appropriateness of therapeutic regimens with preceptor oversight.
Pharmacy Intern license
Massachusetts registration as an intern with the Board of Registration in Pharmacy is required based on completion of two years of education within a pharmacist internship program OR designated status as a student beyond the second professional year, in an approved college/school of pharmacy in which the candidate is currently enrolled.
Familiarity with pharmacy technology and equipment. Ability to troubleshoot technical problems of moderate to high complexity.
Standards of Respect:
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.