Accounts Receivable Manager for Medical Billing
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 192221
Title: Manager, Accounts Receivable
Department: Central Billing Office
Posting Date: June 13, 2019
Location: UMass Memorial Health Care – 306 Belmont St, Worcester, MA
Plans, organizes and monitors accounts receivable management to ensure maximized professional revenue through effective billing and collection processes.
Epic experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7-10 years of Healthcare experience
- Minimum of 2 years of managerial experience in financial data processing processes.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, initiative, teamwork and assertiveness.
- Excellent communication and analytic skills.
- Computer skills; ability to access and use multiple data systems.
- Extensive knowledge in ICD CPT and HCPCS coding as well as modifier assignment.
- Develops and implements standardized billing and business processes.
- Ensures that performance meets or exceeds performance standards to ensure maximized and timely reimbursement of services.
- Writes and maintains departmental procedures and reference guides for claims processing and follow-up.
- Performs periodic claims reviews to ensure compliance with insurance rules and regulations summarizes and presents findings to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains relationships with all third-party payers, POD Managers, Physician POD Leaders and other Physicians and staff within the POD.
- Directs and supervises assigned personnel including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training. Makes recommendations on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions. Resolves grievances and other personnel problems within position responsibilities.
- Develops and recommends the budgets for the areas managed. Manages activities to assure financial goals are met.
- Coordinates the assignment of tasks and helps resolve technical and operational problems. Evaluates the impact of solutions to ensure goals are achieved.
- Provides effective direction, guidance, and leadership over the staff for effective teamwork and motivation, and fosters the effective integration of efforts with system-wide initiatives.
- Encourages and supports diverse views and approaches, demonstrates Standards of Respect, and contributes to creating and maintaining an environment of professionalism, respect, tolerance, civility and acceptance toward all employees, patients and visitors.
- Integrates diversity into departmental objectives, such as hiring, promotions, training, vendor selections, etc.
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives and demonstrates the use of quality improvement in daily operations.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies such as Joint Commission, DPH, etc. Develops and maintains procedures necessary to meet regulatory requirements.
- Ensures that department complies with hospital established policies, quality assurance programs, safety, and infection control policies and procedures.
- Ensures adequate equipment and supplies for department.
- Develops and maintains established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Ensures compliance to all health and safety regulations and requirements.
- Maintains, regular, reliable, and predictable attendance.
- Performs similar or related duties as required or directed.
We’re striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial – for our patients and for each other. We’re expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.